Nigerian Dwarf Breeding Question

CountryCait

In the Brooder
Sep 18, 2018
Hi, I have a question that google search can’t seem to find the answer for. My ND doe is at the breeder’s presently. Schedule predicted doe would come into heat around Nov. 1st. (Today is Nov. 5th).

I contacted Breeder today and asked if she was showing signs of heat yet. I was told she was flagging on Friday. I asked if she had witnessed my doe standing for the buck, and was told: “I haven’t seen her standing but she looks like she has been bred.”

So my question is: Is it possible to see sign of breeding by looking at the vulva?

If yes, What would one look for? And how would the signs be different from those displayed during heat?

My doe tends to have a white drip during heat and swollen vulva, when UNEXPOSED to buck.

I’d love feedback on this! I’m trying to figure out if my breeder knows what she is doing.

I hate not being the one in control of the situation. In the past when *I* have bred animals (never goats, though). I always ensured the deed was done. I was present, and mating/breeding was documented by date, time, how long, etc.

I’m finding not many people are as thorough or courteous, in the same position. I’m getting very frustrated. Please help! And, of course, thank you (in advance)!

Hi, I have a question that google search can’t seem to find the answer for. My ND doe is at the breeder’s presently. Schedule predicted doe would come into heat around Nov. 1st. (Today is Nov. 5th).

I contacted Breeder today and asked if she was showing signs of heat yet. I was told she was flagging on Friday. I asked if she had witnessed my doe standing for the buck, and was told: “I haven’t seen her standing but she looks like she has been bred.”

So my question is: Is it possible to see sign of breeding by looking at the vulva?

If yes, What would one look for? And how would the signs be different from those displayed during heat?

My doe tends to have a white drip during heat and swollen vulva, when UNEXPOSED to buck.

I’d love feedback on this! I’m trying to figure out if my breeder knows what she is doing.

I hate not being the one in control of the situation. In the past when *I* have bred animals (never goats, though). I always ensured the deed was done. I was present, and mating/breeding was documented by date, time, how long, etc.

I’m finding not many people are as thorough or courteous, in the same position. I’m getting very frustrated. Please help! And, of course, thank you (in advance)!
i want a dwarf goat! good luck!

I could never tell by looking at a doe if she had gotten bred. Only way it to observe a breeding. How long you leaving her there? If you are paying for stud service, you should expect the person to be professional and make sure it gets done.

Back
Top Bottom