'Night Box' Rooster - Stop Crowing

Have you all heard of "caponizing"? It came up in another thread. Then again you all need Roos to fertilize your eggs .... I was thinking it in line of keeping Roos as a pet but I could never do it, too chicken.

I can understand the neighbor complaining about crowing issues but you should point out to them that you are indeed allowed roosters on your property and that's just what roosters do. There's really no way around it and you shouldn't have to tip-toe around this issue...... you're totally in your legal right to own a rooster. Not an easy issue to resolve since you don't want to be a bad neighbor but at the same time you've done nothing wrong so it's up to the neighbors to deal with it! I'm sure you get used to it, I did with mine's. At first the crowing was a bother but then you get used to it and actually enjoy hearing it for some strange reason.
There are Noise ordinances in every county in which complaints can be filed for roosters crowing that bothers neighbors: typically for the 10pm to 7am range. Neighbors are Not required to have their sleep cycle disturbed by roosters.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom