Nine days to go and THE DREAMS have started

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gritsar, May 31, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My new chicks will ship in 9 days. This isn't my first chick rodeo.
    Yet every time I fall asleep I dream of chicks, chickens or a combination of the two.
    Latest dream involved someone breaking into my coop and stealing my entire flock of 2 yr. old birds. I was running around with a cell phone, calling the police to make a report of stolen birds and calling the hatchery to add another 100 birds to my order.
    I'm not nervous about getting new chicks, I'm not. [​IMG]

2. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    I understand. Lots of us here understand. We like people like you here....You're just like us!

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm extremely concerned about the silkies shipping well in a box with standards. I'm also worried about the salmon faverolles. I've heard they are a bit on the delicate side. [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I think the silkies will be okay...
    How many did you get? [​IMG]

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Two silkies, 3 salmon faverolles, 3 easter eggers, 2 speckled sussex and 4 turkens. [​IMG]
    Teri from Ideal told me that the silkies should ship just fine. She also tried to talk me into more silkies. [​IMG]

6. LeezyBeezy

LeezyBeezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Lancaster PA
    I thought I was the only one who dreams about chickens!! LOL [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  7. mccarthymom2

mccarthymom2 New Egg

Apr 9, 2010
    My chicks are going to be shipped june 1, and I feel like a mom about to give birth. I've been dreaming of my four babys to.
    Thanks for your post I'm not the only one dreaming of baby chicks in the mail.[​IMG] Soon to be a mother of four chicks, three kids, two dogs, one cat "O" did I forget my husband. Good Luck with your babys:)[​IMG][​IMG]

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Ma'am, I have four chicks in the brooder now, four adolescent chicks in an integration/segregation coop/pen, plus the five 16 wk old "teens" and 9 adult chickens. Yet I dream of chicks and chickens. I keep wanting to order the 25 assorted pullets from MPC, which would be expletive-deleted INSANE. I put individual chick breeds in and take 'em out of the "shopping cart" at MPC on near a daily basis. I SO want a Buckeye! (Luckily, that breed is sold out, so the desire to hit "order" is lessening.)

I just saw a coop on CL and want IT now. It would be so much easier than fussing with plastic poultry fencing and using the duck house (not used by the ducks, darn it) for the youngest "outside all the time" chicks. It's already in use for them, but I have the four more which will need housing in about 5 weeks.

Auuugghhhh. At least you have an established deadline for your chick/chicken dreams. Since I haven't ordered any(thing), mine will most likely float through my head for a zillion more nights.

You know you'll need to post pics, right????

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Of course I'll post pics. It's mandatory on BYC. [​IMG] I'm still trying to convince DH that I ordered one of the silkies especially for him in his favorite color, blue. He's not going for it.

10. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Grey Eyes - I do that too! I am always doing pretend orders on MPC and deleting them prior to the pay page. I ordered chicks in February that aren't coming until AUG 2 and then ....I was bad.... I did order the 25 variety pullets which are coming June 14th - I wanted to just get the Barred rocks but I went with the variety pack - Now I just have to tell my hubby we need another coop.........yeah.......well........guess I can build it myself while he is traveling this week. I am in soooooo much trouble!!!! LOL
    Caroline [​IMG]

GO CHICKEN ADDICTS! Just like potato chips - can't have just one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by