Nipple Waterer

ChickenSahib

Chirping
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Hayward
How in the world did you guys get your chickens to use these contraptions?!

Mine just stay dry until I put a dish of water and they swarm it.

I removed all other water sources, then sat there for a few minutes and tapped it, showing them the water dripping out. Once one figured it out, all of then followed suit. But you do have to show them.
smile.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I removed all other water sources, then sat there for a few minutes and tapped it, showing them the water dripping out. Once one figured it out, all of then followed suit. But you do have to show them.
smile.png

X2 Mine didn't mess with there's at all the first day I put it in. The next morning when I woke up they were using them like champs.
thumbsup.gif

Ok, but these punks better catch on soon!

Lol, I've tried tapping it and even putting their beaks up to it, but apparently, they're too good for the nipples.

I just ordered a bunch and want to switch over to the nipples too... so sick of the poopy water! I'm hoping they will catch on quickly. I will definitely show them that's where their water will come from now! Thanks!

My one month olds caught on in less than an hour. I removed all other water sources and by the next day they were fighting over the three nipples on the bottom of the bucket. I made a line on the inside of the bucket with a Sharpie to ensure the water level was dropping and they're drinking about a gallon a day between them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom