Nite Guard?

Yes, in my opinion. If you have raccoons in your area, you MUST make sure your fencing is hardware cloth, not chicken wire or any other type of fencing. They will reach through any other kind and rip the heads off of chickens. There are plenty of posts here about raccoons (rated #! chickenkiller). Any gates or doors need to be locked or securely latched (I use a carabiner on my gate latch). Any openings to your run need to be closed up. They are not all big animals and can squeeze through 3 inch openings.

I have both nite eyes and night guard.I have a lot of coons skunks,foxes and cyotes here and have never had anything try to dig under the chicken wire.When you get it read the directions well and put them at the eye level of the critter you have.And move them around once in awhile so they animals don`t get used to seeing them.They are solar so they last for years I would think.

hu.gif
We were given one as a present. How do you know that it is working? I have looked at it at night & have not seen any flashing.

Quote:
First, make sure the little plastic tab is not still in place preventing the battery to charge from the solar panel. (Sorry if that seems like I'm being obvious, not trying to insult anybody's intelligence - I forgot that step myself!)

Then, set it in a sunny place for at least 8 hours to fully charge it.
When it gets dark, you should see the flashing red light on the front. It flashes quite often.

One of mine stopped and that's because dust had piled on the top solar collectors.. I cleaned it off and the next night it worked just fine.

Quote:
First, make sure the little plastic tab is not still in place preventing the battery to charge from the solar panel. (Sorry if that seems like I'm being obvious, not trying to insult anybody's intelligence - I forgot that step myself!)

Then, set it in a sunny place for at least 8 hours to fully charge it.
When it gets dark, you should see the flashing red light on the front. It flashes quite often.

One of mine stopped and that's because dust had piled on the top solar collectors.. I cleaned it off and the next night it worked just fine.

I'll check for a tab. I don't remember seeing one, so maybe I didn't pull it out. We live in the PacNW so sun is a premium right now. So far the only varmint I've seen is dead opossums in the road.
Thanks for the quick response.
smile.png

Anyone know if these work on Fisher cats? Not much seems to scare them and the can rip their way into just about anything. Also, do you really need 4 to go all the way around?

Back
Top Bottom