the

D.gif
Sussex County Poultry Fanciers
D.gif

Annual Fall Show

October 20-21

New Jersey State Fairgrounds, Augusta NJ

D.gif

This fall is a special two-day show because we have the privilege of hosting the Jersey Giant Club National Meet, in honor of the 90th anniversary of that breed's entry into the APA's Standard of Perfection. This is New Jersey's breed, developed in the late 19th century, and the largest breed of chicken.

yippiechickie.gif

As always, there will be a Chinese auction as well as a bake sale. Donations for both are greatly appreciated!

D.gif

This year we will also be hosting a special buffet dinner, at approximately $15 per person, after the show on Saturday night. It's a great time to socialize after a busy day in the hall. Please add this amount to your entry on the line provided.

yippiechickie.gif

Several rooms have already been reserved at the official host hotel, and there are many other hotels listed in the catalog.
On site camping is also available.

D.gif

The SCPFA is New Jersey's only remaining poultry club. We host two shows a year, in May and October. Ours shows have numbered as many as 1000 entries, so they are well worth the visit, and competition can be fierce.

yippiechickie.gif

Nowhere else in the state will you find such an abundance of poultry knowledge as you will at our shows. Attendees come from many other states to participate. This is an excellent opportunity to those new in the hobby to see and learn. Those of us who have been raising birds for some time are always delighted to answer questions!

D.gif

Please see the attached catalog and entry form for answers to almost all inquiries.
(Of course, you can always ask here, or contact me directly for more info - Mary Hussey, [email protected])

yippiechickie.gif

See you at the show!!

YAY a new thread!
I will be bringing a BUNCH of cockerels for the sales area.
Around 30 "Brown egg layer breeds" RIR, BR, Welsummer, Red sex links, plus a lavender Orp, and a buff Orp.
And I am considering thinning out my pack of forever broodies. These girls just won't give up.
I have a trio of Shamo that I will only sell to the right people, so if you are interested, PM me.
As I will not have room in my little VW, they will stay at home unless I get a serious buyer.
And yes, I will consider splitting them up.
And a few mottled Japanese cockerels. Nice short legs, ABA banded. I just have too many.
My friend Vera will have BBS Silkie chicks.

And if anyone can get ahold of Joe Cavaliere, I would be more than happy to help him, as we live only about 15 min away from each other.

I am the chicken earring lady. Not sure if I will set up the table this time ( I missed so much of the show this spring), but if you want to PM me, I can custom make something and deliver it at the show.
And... I am also the gal that baked those famous cream cheese brownies.
Between making earrings, bathing chickens, and jamming at least 40 birds into my car... I may have time to bake, too.

And people wonder why I call my self stoopid.
lau.gif

Lol. That could be a sight going down the road, a bunch of chickens jammed into a vw trying their hardest to get to those brownies, ha ha.

I have had people watch as I load and unload. Like the clown car at the circus, they just keep coming...
I even had someone take a picture. Oh boy.

Oh, the brownies are locked away in a cooler.
droolin.gif

Last edited:
I have had people watch as I load and unload. Like the clown car at the circus, they just keep coming...
I even had someone take a picture. Oh boy.

Oh, the brownies are locked away in a cooler.
droolin.gif
Placing an order for the brownies right now! (Wait - better make that a half order, because they are huge, and very rich!) Yum! Mouth's watering already!

Someone just e-mailed me, wants to know how to get ahold of "Pete who watches the cages"?
I guess it's the guy that is in the sale cage area?
Pete... you out there?

Hey everyone!! I read here often but I am new to posting... I live about 15 minutes from the fair grounds and loveeee this event! I was wondering if anyone was selling silkies or cochins? I was really hoping to expand my flock of bantams...
Thanks
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom