NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Fall Show 2012

Hi Momma of Six,
What a cool hen in your second pic! Can you tell me what breed it is and how I can find them? Might be the prettiest hen I have ever seen!

Thank you - thank you - thank you!!!!!

OMG - my mind is whirling with thoughts of the past three days!

Thanks go to everyone who helped create this fabulous show!! The Unrath Family, especially, went above and beyond - you guys are awesome! Having gotten more involved in the behind-the-scenes work this year, I can really appreciate the immense amount of work, and the incredible amount of hours needed - all before show day - to put together an event like this. I am humbled by your dedication over the years.

Thanks to everyone who stayed after cooping-out to help break down. We had a couple more people on the break-down team than we had in the spring. It was disappointing to watch folks who live within three hours or less just pack up and leave, especially after a family with a seven-hour drive ahead of them stayed for almost an hour to help - even their five-year-old! Another mom with a five-hour-drive stayed for a long time, too, breaking down cages. It's people like that who really keep us going, and we thank you!!! (We estimate the average age of the regular break-down team to be about sixty.)

Met some great new people this weekend, and I know I missed some others,too - how does that happen every year? (Lauren, the good-bye is implied - I know how crazy it gets!)
highfive.gif

It was so exciting to host the Jersey Giant Club National, and meet some of the great members who travelled from as far away as South Dakota, Minnesota, and North Carolina. Of course, the most exciting part was that our own Mike Miler won Champion Jersey Giant!
wee.gif

We had the most wonderful weather - of course, we special ordered that!

Thanks to everyone who worked the bake sale table, (and everyone who made the baked goods for them to sell!,) the chinese auction, (thanks for watching my tickets, Marilyn!,) the 50-50, the bagel station, the t-shirt sales, the bird sale area - none of those could happen without you, and we are so grateful! (I won't mention names because the way my brain is now, I will be sure to forget someone, but rest assured we know who you are!)

Thank you to all of our great vendors - it's so great to go home with a special treat like a hand-made bag or an antique book, or with just some great advice from Pete Brown, which is priceless!

Had a great time at the banquet, even though we were packed to the gills! It was really fun to get dressed up and have dinner with friends. It was so nice to be able to just sit and talk with the people we spend all day rushing past, wishing we could stop for more than two seconds.

Had several folks show up for the Info Session, which was great! Going to make that a regular thing, so thanks for supporting that new idea!

I really hope I didn't miss anyone - please feel free to add anyone I may have missed to the comments.

Sigh! I already miss everyone, my feet are killing me, and I'm exhausted, but now all I can think about is -

I can't wait until the next show!!!

Hi Stoopid, thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I'll definitely catch it in the Spring! Wanted to go yesterday but just couldn't get there early enough so I figured I head there today. No biggie but I sure won't miss the show in the Spring. Would you happen to know if the date has been set yet?

Date for the spring show is not set - it's usually about the third weekend in May. Keep an eye out here on BYC around the beginning of April for a thread about that show. I'll also post updates on the NJ thread. You can also see more specific info on the club FB page.

Thanks everyone, especially mame, for a wonderful time! It was my first-ever poultry show, and everyone was so helpful and nice. I did some shopping, and brought home some really lovely birds - I was raving about it to my husband last night, who then wanted to go take a quick walk around himself this morning!

Definitely a job well-done by the organizers and exhibitors!

Thanks everyone, especially mame, for a wonderful time! It was my first-ever poultry show, and everyone was so helpful and nice. I did some shopping, and brought home some really lovely birds - I was raving about it to my husband last night, who then wanted to go take a quick walk around himself this morning!

Definitely a job well-done by the organizers and exhibitors!
Woot! You got birds?? What did you get?

It was really great meeting you, too, Leanne. New chicken people are always so much fun!

Hi Momma of Six,
What a cool hen in your second pic! Can you tell me what breed it is and how I can find them? Might be the prettiest hen I have ever seen!

She is a Millie Fleur, she is my first ever and so sweet and beautiful! I just got her from the show yesterday from a wonderful breeder! I would look into finding a breeder on here or maybe on the Cochin thread or just look at your local poultry show:)

Woot! You got birds?? What did you get?

It was really great meeting you, too, Leanne. New chicken people are always so much fun!
OMG - I hit the jackpot! I got 3 Marans (my personal favorite due to way too much time on a farm in France), an Easter Egger (because I like colored eggs), and a wonderful big beautiful Colombian Wyandotte who is so fluffy and cuddly I can't keep away from her and she's so striking that my neighbors are already commenting on her!

Plus a heated waterer at such a good price it replaced my idea of using a heated horse bucket this winter, super feed samples, a membership in the Sussex county group, a T-shirt for my hubby, and I sorted out my farm assessment with a local supplier.
oh yeah...and 3 pumpkin spice cupcakes at the bake sale
love.gif
Can I get that recipe someplace???

I had a great time at the show! A long trip.....11 hrs one way but it was a wonderful show and the Sussex Co Poultry Fanciers rolled out the red carpet for the Giant Club, and we were greatfull!!!! It was a beautiful time of year. I had never been to NJ before and i enjoyed it. Met lots of wonderful, friendly,and helpful people. Thanks to all who's efforts made the show possible.

Back
Top Bottom