NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show!!

Sorry I missed you guys at the show this year! I was all set to go and my friend called me the night before and said he wasn't able to go with me. When I got up that morning I just didn't feel like making the trip myself. I'm hoping to make it to the next spring show though and hopefully I will see some of you at the state fair!

I wanted to post the photos but don't know how to do a link. I started a new post under in this category saying sussex show photos. I hope you find it. Can anyone tell me how to post a link. I came home with a duckling. the 2 guys were have a debate about whether it was a runner or a pekin. I'll post a photo later I looked at both pics. on line and I'm stumped.
hmm.png
Anybody know how I find out how the do the judging. like best in breed do the do each color or just by breed. Do they do ducks by type like buff,swedish or just ducks as 1 group? I want to show in Oct. but not sure how. I never saw so many different types of birds. It was so much fun!!!

You look in the APA book called The Standard of Perfection. It explains everything there. It goes by category which for you is WF and then goes by Breed in chickens as in Araucana, Variety(color):Golden Duckwing, comb type if applicable, and then sex/age as in Cock, Cockerel, Hen or Pullet.

All the birds of a same breed and variety get rated in ages so you can have a pullet with 1st and a hen with first of the same color and then like black for instance compete for Best of Variety with all the blacks and then Best of Varieties compete for Best of Breed and then Best of Breeds compete for Best in Class and Best in Class compete for Best of Show.

Hope this helps.

Ben, there are tutorials on how to upload photos here. Go to uploads and follow the directions there. When your photo has come up, copy the "image" address and paste it into your message. Creating new threads can get confusing, since many get lost if they are not posted to often. All of the (not fuzzy) shots I took are on the FB page for the club. If you can't find it, please pm me. It takes too long to post them here.

If anyone took a pic of my speckled sussex on Champion Row, please let me know. I was an idiot and I forgot.

Tootsie, good job on the judging explanation!

Yeah, Lauren! You are WAY closer than I am, and I was there! Lazy butt!

Last edited:
Quote:
Not a good enough excuse. You could have gotten in touch with me .....

We really should exchange phone numbers for the future! I would love to officially meet you in person some time! Funny enough I thought of you that morning, but I should have sent you a message the week before on Facebook. Next time I'll actually use my brain! LOL

I've still got two pairs of very sweet doves I'm looking to rehome. If any one is interested feel free to send me a message. I've had to keep them in my barn because of predators and I just feel bad that they can't be outside on my property. With college and everything, I just don't have time for them!

Back
Top Bottom