No chirping yet on day 21/22

Oh thank you! For some reason couldn't find whether to count first day as day 1. That means they aren't really that late!

anything yet?
frow.gif
Keep us posted!

No---really nothing:( It seems like the humidity should be high enough, maybe too high? I know I won't do this again until I have a way of checking. I am still a small bit hopefull----tic toc tic toc:rolleyes:

I can't believe it!!!!!!!! Given up checking obsesively and just checked before bed and we have a PEEP! One lonely little peep, but......Wow!

Sorry, got my wording wrong, I meant a pip (broke through the shell) but has done nothing more in 9 hours, and the rest aren't doing anything either, so I don't know. My daughter heard chirping, so it's still alive. Still keeping our fingers crossed!

Quote:
we do the same thing

Try making the peeping noise yourself by the bator, usually they will chirp back.
whats the temp and humidity at? and what was it at during the whole process. if it was a lower temp, sometimes it can take an extra day. and if they were too warm, then usually come early.

The temperature may have caused a delay in them hatching. My incubater was run at a lower temperature and my first chick pipped on day 21, the next two on day 22 and the last one pipped on day 23 - each of them hatched out the day after pipping.

Where there is chirping there is hope!
smile.png

If your incubator is adequately humid and from your description it sounds like it is (moisture around the window) do not open the incubator. You are now on lock down and need to wait for the next 24-48 hours to see who hatches out.

We have all had good and bad hatches as we learned just how to tweak our incubators. As my husband would say, you are taking a college course in incubating 101...try to record all of the thiing you did right and note hat you might need to do differently next time.

As for me, I am keeping my fingers crossed
fl.gif
that you will have a great hatch for a final result!

Back
Top Bottom