NO clue what they are, but they just hatched today 10/2!!!

well, unfortunately no further update yet. egg 3 has pipped a small bit more but is just resting now. eggs 1,2 and 5 are still just chillin.

think I need to move the BCM chicks, can't tell where the peeps are coming from.
gig.gif

going to bed soon will update in the morning. hopeully there will be more progress.

Last edited:
Woke up to two more pips this morning! Egg #1 and 2 are pipped now too. Both of those have pipped just above the air cell line. Still no further movement from egg 3, not sure if all is well or not?
hu.gif

egg #5 still has no signs of pipping yet. That is the only brown egg, others are white.

hoipefully, they will start zipping soon!

ok so I ran down and took a couple pics.

I just LOVE sharing pics! sorry about the glare on this, I'm just using my camera phone and i don't want to take the top off, so the extra light in there is causing some wicked glare, did the best I could to minimize it.

here are eggs 1 and 2 pipped.
31148_mysterychicks_001.jpg

and here's a shot of egg 3, you can see the pip on the back and lower than the others!? not sure if that bodes well for chick#3, guess we'll see. Can you see the pip? You can also see egg #2 in this pic.
31148_mysterychicks_002.jpg

Guess egg #5 must have gotten the word I was taking pics because I just went down for more coffee and look what I found...
31148_mysterychicks.jpg

sneaky little bugger! I can hear a couple peeping too, not sure which ones though.

seeing pics like this is great for us hatching virgins.
Now the coop and run is virtually finished, I can get back to work on my incubator.
Can't wait for my first time. I hope it'll be gentle with me.
lau.gif

Hope they get out OK.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom