NO COLORED EGGS FOR EMMA!!!!!

Pics

EmmaRainboe

🙄🤚💙Duckie💜😩🤚
Jul 30, 2020
Washington
The world does not want me to have colored eggs, it's official.

Let's start from the beginning. When I first got chicks (only back in April, yes I'm a chicky mama baby) I REALLY wanted blue eggs. I found a local breeder who breeds pure breed Ameraucanas. I was going to only get four, but then she talked me into also buying an Easter Egger, and 3 bantam cochin/brahma's.
Daisy as a chick.jpg

I knew I was going to get some boys but NO WAY were all five colored eggers going to be boys.... right? WRONG. ALL FIVE WERE BOYS AND TWO OF THE BRAHMA/COCHINS! So I had 7/8 roosters, bad luck right? Yes, at the end of April while I was growing that batch, chicken math happened..... I got five "easter eggers", from a different breeder.
IMG_3916.jpeg

She did not have good quality chicks. (will not be going back) One died within a week,
IMG_3885.jpeg
and the other struggled her whole life (Posh, I will get into her). The one that died was either a creamlegbar, a welsummer, or a mix. So she would have been a girl. All four others DID end up being girls! 5/5 girls YAY! Kind of- two of the three did not end up being easter eggers at all, instead were just mixed breeds.

Posh had ameraucana in her, she was an Easter Egger, she would have been my ONLY one to lay colored eggs out of the four that survived. I still miss her chubby little cheekies! She unfortunatly struggled her whole life. I miss her with my whole heart. She had an injury in her leg/hip and the vet said it would be best to put her down.

Here she is the day I brought her to the vet.... aka, the last time I ever saw my baby girl.
image_6483441.JPG

One of the other ones (Scary) was supposed to be a cream legbar x welsummer, but she clearly has other breeds mixed in because of her rose comb, feathered legs, and NOT olive colored eggs. I believe she is an Easter Egger but I had bad luck. Her eggs are a light tan colored, she layed her first today.
Scary Today.jpg

A few months ago we brought in two "Lavender Orpingtons" who were actually blue EEs. They were promised to be pullets but when we recieved them it was obvious one was a rooster. But the lady would NOT take him back.
IMG_1604.jpeg

The Pullet is out last hope at a colored egg..... I REALLY hope she provides.....
IMG_1401.jpeg

In the spring I plan on buying two cream legbar pullets from a hatchery. Possibly some EEs.

I HOPE that one day I will finally get my blue/green eggs I have been wanting for SOOOO LONG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your luck with all the boys! Westsound wildlife shelter will accept your cockerels should you have the need...

I have not had luck with getting chickens from backyard breeders either. You can always talk to Bay Hay about what color eggs you want or the breed you’re looking for. I don’t think they have done cream legbars before but if more than one of us asks maybe they will!

Sorry to hear about your luck with all the boys! Westsound wildlife shelter will accept your cockerels should you have the need...

I have not had luck with getting chickens from backyard breeders either. You can always talk to Bay Hay about what color eggs you want or the breed you’re looking for. I don’t think they have done cream legbars before but if more than one of us asks maybe they will!
Yup, it's getting to the point I might have to take them there. I may or may not have a home for the Barred Rock, I shall find out tomorrow. I might go talk to Bay Hay about what breeds they plan on offering.

The world does not want me to have colored eggs, it's official.

Let's start from the beginning. When I first got chicks (only back in April, yes I'm a chicky mama baby) I REALLY wanted blue eggs. I found a local breeder who breeds pure breed Ameruacana's. I was going to only get four, but then she talked me into also buying an Easter Egger, and 3 bantam cochin/brahma's.
View attachment 2436698
I knew I was going to get some boys but NO WAY were all five colored eggers going to be boys.... right? WRONG. ALL FIVE WERE BOYS AND TWO OF THE BRAHMA/COCHINS! So I had 7/8 roosters, bad luck right? Yes, at the end of April while I was growing that batch, chicken math happened..... I got five "easter eggers", from a different breeder.
View attachment 2436696
She did not have good quality chicks. (will not be going back) One died within a week, View attachment 2436695and the other struggled her whole life (Posh, I will get into her). The one that died was either a creamlegbar, a welsummer, or a mix. So she would have been a girl. All four others DID end up being girls! 5/5 girls YAY! Kind of- two of the three did not end up being easter eggers at all, instead were just mixed breeds.

Posh had ameraucana in her, she was an Easter Egger, she would have been my ONLY one to lay colored eggs out of the four that survived. I still miss her chubby little cheekies! She unfortunatly struggled her whole life. I miss her with my whole heart. She had an injury in her leg/hip and the vet said it would be best to put her down.

Here she is the day I brought her to the vet.... aka, the last time I ever saw my baby girl.
View attachment 2436682
One of the other ones (Scary) was supposed to be a cream legbar x welsummer, but she clearly has other breeds mixed in because of her rose comb, feathered legs, and NOT olive colored eggs. I believe she is an Easter Egger but I had bad luck. Her eggs are a light tan colored, she layed her first today.
View attachment 2436700
A few months ago we brought in two "Lavender Orpingtons" who were actually blue EEs. They were promised to be pullets but when we recieved them it was obvious one was a rooster. But the lady would NOT take him back.
View attachment 2436720
The Pullet is out last hope at a colored egg..... I REALLY hope she provides.....
View attachment 2436721
In the spring I plan on buying two cream legbar pullets from a hatchery. Possibly some EEs.

I HOPE that one day I will finally get my blue/green eggs I have been wanting for SOOOO LONG.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom