No crow rooster collar death beware

Or, maybe just find them a new home if you don’t like the crowing? That would seem to be a better option than punishing them for doing what roosters do.
If you get a male goose roostering will sound like heaven and you will be relieved the roosters dont make you bleed. Seriously, my previously named goose, Jack has been renamed...you ****ing goose I will kill you. My neighbors are upset over the cussing but at least I stopped using their gods name in vain. Seriously, my goose is horrible..but compared to my shetland pony they are about equal.

If you get a male goose roostering will sound like heaven and you will be relieved the roosters dont make you bleed. Seriously, my previously named goose, Jack has been renamed...you ****ing goose I will kill you. My neighbors are upset over the cussing but at least I stopped using their gods name in vain. Seriously, my goose is horrible..but compared to my shetland pony they are about equal.
I hate geese. When I was a kid, my great-aunt had a gander named Sarge. She couldn’t leave her house without a broom, and her legs were still all bruised from that thing. I was a city kid and used to spend my summers on the farm with her. Let’s just say that Sarge had a lasting impact, and I was not the least bit sad to hear of his passing.

I hate geese. When I was a kid, my great-aunt had a gander named Sarge. She couldn’t leave her house without a broom, and her legs were still all bruised from that thing. I was a city kid and used to spend my summers on the farm with her. Let’s just say that Sarge had a lasting impact, and I was not the least bit sad to hear of his passing.
I worked at a dog kennel and instead of guard dogs they had guard geese and the newbie had to feed them and everyone watched. I ran and tripped and they were all over me. It hurt but it was pretty funny.

I've only had good experiences with geese. My first 2 ended up both being boys. Lollipop was the social and curious one, always greeting every guest and in the middle of everything. He was very gentle and had a shoe fetish lol. I bawled like a baby when he was killed by a raccoon. Sunshine was always more standoff-is, kept his distance but was always nearby. He always considered me to be his mate in the spring would flog my husband on occasion during breeding season (not bad lol). Even babysitting a friend's flock, his geese were friendly but kept their distance. I can imagine being a kid and being chased/ attacked by a giant bird would definitely leave a lasting impression!

This is the perfect representation of them. Lollipop right in your face and Sunshine quietly in the background.

IMG_2182.JPG

My little niece giving Lollipop treats

IMG_20180812_191153.jpg

And just because I love this...DS and Lollipop when he was 13 and again when he was 14. Big change lol

IMG_20180331_152220.jpg
IMG_20190504_183640.jpg

I've only had good experiences with geese. My first 2 ended up both being boys. Lollipop was the social and curious one, always greeting every guest and in the middle of everything. He was very gentle and had a shoe fetish lol. I bawled like a baby when he was killed by a raccoon. Sunshine was always more standoff-is, kept his distance but was always nearby. He always considered me to be his mate in the spring would flog my husband on occasion during breeding season (not bad lol). Even babysitting a friend's flock, his geese were friendly but kept their distance. I can imagine being a kid and being chased/ attacked by a giant bird would definitely leave a lasting impression!

This is the perfect representation of them. Lollipop right in your face and Sunshine quietly in the background.

View attachment 2973098

My little niece giving Lollipop treats

View attachment 2973095

And just because I love this...DS and Lollipop when he was 13 and again when he was 14. Big change lol

View attachment 2973097View attachment 2973099
So there was at least one “good” gander in the world…

I think the same thing happened to me too. :( Munk (chipmunk) my sweet roo was completely fine last night and I woke up to him cold and dead this morning. He had his collar on for months, I tightened it a few weeks ago a little more and everything seemed fine. He was acting completely normal, ate, drank, mated hens. Then I woke up this morning and he was laying on the coop floor gone. :’( He was the most beautiful roo I’ve ever seen and I miss him. I’m going to check the rest of my roos collars now and think about what to do. I hope it wasn’t the collar that caused his death but after reading this thread I’m afraid that it might be. :( Here are some pics of my baby Munk when he was alive and well. He was absolutely stunning. I’m so sad I won’t be able to see his babies :(

I’m going to take him to the “local” poultry lab an hour away tomorrow and get a necropsy/autopsy done and hopefully find out what happened. I will update here when I get the results back. If it is collar-related, I will let you guys know and hopefully this post can be informative and help someone else, whether his passing was collar related or not. I regularly test my flock according to NPIP standards since I’m a breeder and they are all clean, so I’m pretty confident it is not bacterial/viral/fungal disease related. Will update when I know more.

Attachments

• E6C42CBC-62F9-4839-B5B7-A83C2D93DF3F.jpeg
    E6C42CBC-62F9-4839-B5B7-A83C2D93DF3F.jpeg
    742.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 56C3578E-9DFA-4AEE-B4D2-27388113AEAD.jpeg
    56C3578E-9DFA-4AEE-B4D2-27388113AEAD.jpeg
    603.2 KB · Views: 4
  • BD3BCE53-2078-44C1-8348-E2169082B22B.jpeg
    BD3BCE53-2078-44C1-8348-E2169082B22B.jpeg
    541.9 KB · Views: 4
  • AFDA9D8D-AE71-47B5-A980-619E572B4C45.jpeg
    AFDA9D8D-AE71-47B5-A980-619E572B4C45.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 4
I think the same thing happened to me too. :( Munk (chipmunk) my sweet roo was completely fine last night and I woke up to him cold and dead this morning. He had his collar on for months, I tightened it a few weeks ago a little more and everything seemed fine. He was acting completely normal, ate, drank, mated hens. Then I woke up this morning and he was laying on the coop floor gone. :’( He was the most beautiful roo I’ve ever seen and I miss him. I’m going to check the rest of my roos collars now and think about what to do. I hope it wasn’t the collar that caused his death but after reading this thread I’m afraid that it might be. :( Here are some pics of my baby Munk when he was alive and well. He was absolutely stunning. I’m so sad I won’t be able to see his babies :(

I’m going to take him to the “local” poultry lab an hour away tomorrow and get a necropsy/autopsy done and hopefully find out what happened. I will update here when I get the results back. If it is collar-related, I will let you guys know and hopefully this post can be informative and help someone else, whether his passing was collar related or not. I regularly test my flock according to NPIP standards since I’m a breeder and they are all clean, so I’m pretty confident it is not bacterial/viral/fungal disease related. Will update when I know more.
Oh he was so handsome! I'm sorry for your loss. I never even heard of these collars until I read this thread! They sound so dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom