No Crow Rooster collar

Pics
Just want to share my personal experience. I got the No Crow collar, we have a decent size Easter Egger roo,and he could still crow pretty loud with it, I tried adjusting, we got two sizes to make sure, etc... Neighbors complained, we can't have roos to begin with. I was about to list him on craigslist but decided to try the baby sock trick, I cut an OldNavy 12-24m sock, folded it 3 times and wrestled RockyDoodle, got the thing around his neck, he crowed and it was very muffled, but still crowing louder than "hen noise level".
I decided to cut the other sock, and this one I rolled like a ring, and pushed it down, right below the folded sock. He tried to crow : SILENCE. Not a sound. I made sure it wasn't on too tight, that he could still eat and drink normally, and do his rooster thing with the hens. He can still make normal chicken sounds, but absolutely NO crowing. A week now and it's going great, the other morning the "collars" had shifted a bit so he let out one or two crows, pretty low ones, and we readjusted them to the "silent" position.
It's working great so far. He stands tall and "crows" but no sound comes out, and he's still a satisfied and happy, sweet little Cockster.

Radhanuga, did you use just the tube part of the sock and not the foot, right? About how tall was the 3x folded one (how much of the neck did it cover)? And where on the neck did you place the socks? I have a Cream Legbar that the rooster collar is not working on. I'm going to try your method and see if it works better. I had success with one of these collars on a Silkie roo. Ended up rehoming him anyway but for a different reason.

Radhanuga, did you use just the tube part of the sock and not the foot, right? About how tall was the 3x folded one (how much of the neck did it cover)? And where on the neck did you place the socks? I have a Cream Legbar that the rooster collar is not working on. I'm going to try your method and see if it works better. I had success with one of these collars on a Silkie roo. Ended up rehoming him anyway but for a different reason

I cut the foot off the socks, folded three times the first one, making it into a tube that is approximately 1.5 inch tall, I pulled it down under the hackle feathers, then the second one rolled into a ring right at the base of the first sock.
I will be taking pictures this afternoon and post a detailed tutorial :)

I just purchased two collars from the direct website and only one came in. I have tried to contact them but neither of the confirmation emails are allpowing me to get ahold of them and their website doesn't provide an email or phone number. Does anyone else have a contact number for http://nocrowroostercollars.com/. Thank you!

Looking forward to pictures an tutorial. Must quiet my Roo, I feel bad even though neighbors haven't complained.

Radhanuga, did you use just the tube part of the sock and not the foot, right? About how tall was the 3x folded one (how much of the neck did it cover)? And where on the neck did you place the socks? I have a Cream Legbar that the rooster collar is not working on. I'm going to try your method and see if it works better. I had success with one of these collars on a Silkie roo. Ended up rehoming him anyway but for a different reason.
I also have a Cream Legbar that the "No-Crow" does not seem to be working on. He also seems to hate it much more than other roos I have put it on. Wonder if it's the breed?

I also have a Cream Legbar that the "No-Crow" does not seem to be working on. He also seems to hate it much more than other roos I have put it on. Wonder if it's the breed?

Perhaps it is the breed. Mine did seem to fight it more than the others I've used a collar on. I tried every configuration I could think of and it barely slowed him down. I even tried using both the sock method and the official collar at the same time. I finally had to give up and send him to freezer camp.

Hello. I have to admit I've tried the collar when we got our first roo but he's a whole lot quieter than we anticipated. When he wore it he still crowed but it wasn't loud I never fully tightened it but it was enough to keep him muffled. So yes it's a great option if your boys are getting complaints from the neighbors. I would also add do not feed them bread when they're wearing the collar small things they eat go through just fine. Our roo wolfed down a big hunk of bread and couldn't swallow it he was lucky we caught it and took it off. Fortunately he's alot quieter than we expected and our neighbors actually like his crowing in the morning so he doesn't have to wear it but it's a good option to have

My EE roo Gertrude has been wearing his no crow for the past 6 months. It works very well for him, his crow sounds more like a morning dove these days. The collar also seems to tame him just a bit too, kindof like he views me as the boss now. I remove the collar periodically for him to groom his feathers underneath as I have noticed he gets ingrown ones. When people use the no crow, are y'all leaving the feathers flat underneath or pulling them above the collar? Has anyone else noticed ingrown feathers from long term wear?

It said in the instructions to go as close to their neck as possible and try to put it under the feathers. That's what we did but he doesn't wear it anymore so I never saw any ingrown feathers.

Back
Top Bottom