No Crow Rooster Collar

masked malitia

Chirping
Apr 22, 2015
Wisconsin
Has anyone used these with any success? I would like to keep a rooster but live in town and don't want to upset the neighborhood ;) Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

I have used these with pretty good success...actually i still use them. I'd say most work well, though i once had a roo wearing it and it only quieted him down a bit, that might have been my problem though. They can be dangerous, and they are not something you just stick on him and leave it. I check my boys twice a day, adjust as needed, and check to make sure things are working right. I have heard of people who have lost roos from the collar getting caught on something or unknown reasons. Make sure to make the coop hazard free. Fix any spots that are sticking out that could possibly cause him to get caught.
My personal expiriance has been with multiple roosters (a brahma, production red, and 2 cochin) but soon i will have 8 boys that will be wearing them (they will live together in a rooster coop) so i am praying it goes well. Hope it works for you! boys are my favorite birds :)

Does it muffled the crowing or totally eliminate the sound? I have an 8 week old black copper Marans roo that I would love to keep if possible without being a pest to my neighbors. How old do they start crowing? Where do I get it?

mine also started crowing a really weird hilarious sounding crow...you might want to try to look up a few videos on youtube to hear it.

another note, 4 of my roosters acted like i was killing them when i put the collar on. They hunched down and shot backwards, then stood in a corner moping around. By day two them were normal, but don't give in and take it off, no matter how much he thinks your killing him.
tongue.png

mine also started crowing a really weird hilarious sounding crow...you might want to try to look up a few videos on youtube to hear it.

another note, 4 of my roosters acted like i was killing them when i put the collar on. They hunched down and shot backwards, then stood in a corner moping around. By day two them were normal, but don't give in and take it off, no matter how much he thinks your killing him.
tongue.png

Does it really work? What brand is good and where did you get them?

Hi just thought I'd let you know how pleased I am with my rooster collar ,with my first batch of chicks along came Elvis a much loved appenzeller roo, after 2 weeks of crowing ( much to my delight ) the noise and pollution officer visited to inform me someone had reported his delightful tones . In total panic I ordered a no crow rooster collar ,the results were immediate,it took about 2 weeks to adjust the collar as I put it on quite loosely to begin with allowing him to get used to it ,yes he kicked off big style all the girls were having a peck too trying to help him out of it ,I now have three Roos of various breeds (all by accident )I now make my own roo collars with Velcro lined with felt .if I had a choice they would crow away merrily but atl least this way I get to keep my handsome boys ,give it a try ,good luck .

Hi just thought I'd let you know how pleased I am with my rooster collar ,with my first batch of chicks along came Elvis a much loved appenzeller roo, after 2 weeks of crowing ( much to my delight ) the noise and pollution officer visited to inform me someone had reported his delightful tones . In total panic I ordered a no crow rooster collar ,the results were immediate,it took about 2 weeks to adjust the collar as I put it on quite loosely to begin with allowing him to get used to it ,yes he kicked off big style all the girls were having a peck too trying to help him out of it ,I now have three Roos of various breeds (all by accident )I now make my own roo collars with Velcro lined with felt .if I had a choice they would crow away merrily but atl least this way I get to keep my handsome boys ,give it a try ,good luck .

Thanks Jool, I guess I can try em and keep the roo before he learn to crow. I like how beautiful the roosters are and take care of my hens.

Zebra - didn't see your link till later Thanks

Back
Top Bottom