ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
Anyone else have this problem??? Recently (for like the past few months maybe ??? Not really sure), some of the Purina feeds have ZERO dates on them anywhere!! Including the kind I usually buy! Meanwhile, their other feeds have dates as does Nutrena and most of the Dumor ones.

The issue seems to be with the Flockraiser crumbles and the Layena crumbles in the big bags. Most of the small bags have dates (though it’s all really old at our TSC) and the pellets and start & grow have dates.

Also noticed none of the organic feeds have dates either though I don’t buy that and don’t know if that’s new.

And yes, I checked the other end and on the tag. NO dates ANYWHERE on it.

Obviously this is a huge issue as I do not want to be unknowingly buying really old feed but obviously have to feed the birds soooo...

Today I bought some mini pellets at a different store but I needed crumble too.

I haven’t looked at our other TSC yet but will. But the one I always use, there are no dates on ANY of those two kinds. 14 bags total. As you can see, the other kinds have dates in the proper place and Nutrena puts it on the tag. Purina is usually on the bottom strip but not on these.

1874C26B-DC8E-433E-969B-CB988493F3B3.jpeg
A2BCAD8E-187D-4254-9018-C984AE5D404D.jpeg
9EB49C73-BF91-4082-A88A-7CD61F04FFA1.jpeg
EC9A7C76-4E25-4390-B52A-D68D4F3EC18D.jpeg
BCD86A6A-03CF-4DE5-B537-AF60316E9952.jpeg
4DF597B6-DC5C-4F1E-8495-907B38450BA3.jpeg

I am curious if anybody else has experienced this issue or if it is just this store or what ?

I am currently switching feed for most of my birds so hopefully won’t have to worry IF the other local store also carries the crumbles I need. :fl

But just wondering.

I hope you’re going to Poulin??
Yes I am!! 😁😁 just picked up two bags of it today! I had the best eggs especially yolk color on that one out of any of the feeds I’ve fed, even other layer feeds, so I am going back to it and the roosters can just eat the layer. I actually am probably gonna cull all 3 soon anyway so figured I’d switch now. I forgot to ask if they carried the crumble one but I think the one I got should be okay for everybody.

Yes I am!! 😁😁 just picked up two bags of it today! I had the best eggs especially yolk color on that one out of any of the feeds I’ve fed, even other layer feeds, so I am going back to it and the roosters can just eat the layer. I actually am probably gonna cull all 3 soon anyway so figured I’d switch now. I forgot to ask if they carried the crumble one but I think the one I got should be okay for everybody.
They carry the crumbles in layer also. Get some Quick grow broiler and mix 50/50 with the layer and feed to everyone.

I hope you’re going to Poulin??
Why just some?
Whoops, missed this edit! I wasn’t sure if the quail could eat pellets ? So was gonna get crumbles for them so that was the only reason for just some. But I looked and apparently Poulin does make a layer crumble so I will ask next time I go to get feed if they carry that one so I can have all the birds on Poulin. ❤️ Or else will grind it up maybe ?

Back
Top Bottom