Whoops, missed this edit! I wasn’t sure if the quail could eat pellets ? So was gonna get crumbles for them so that was the only reason for just some. But I looked and apparently Poulin does make a layer crumble so I will ask next time I go to get feed if they carry that one so I can have all the birds on Poulin. ❤ Or else will grind it up maybe ?
Yes they make it I am feeding my quail the Poulin layer crumbles. My quail are not laying so I am mixing it 50/50 with the broiler crumbles

You get Poulin Feed in Connecticut? Small world, they mill that 20 minutes from me. It's all I use and quite frankly they have one formula that is relabeled for about 80% of their products. It cracks me up they have to label it different for the general population to realize it's feed to this or that.

It has a julian date.

A2BCAD8E-187D-4254-9018-C984AE5D404D.jpeg

20342 = 2020, 342nd day of the year. The letters are a plant code.

That bag of feed is pretty fresh. I can't see the Flock Raiser tag.

Last edited:
Yes they make it I am feeding my quail the Poulin layer crumbles. My quail are not laying so I am mixing it 50/50 with the broiler crumbles
I think I might call tomorrow and ask if our store carries it. I won’t need feed for a little while now but I’m curious.

You get Poulin Feed in Connecticut? Small world, they mill that 20 minutes from me. It's all I use and quite frankly they have one formula that is relabeled for about 80% of their products. It cracks me up they have to label it different for the general population to realize it's feed to this or that.
It’s an awesome feed!! I think it’s available in all of New England and New York but I’m not sure. I’m in Mass and they carry it here but only at the Agway, not TSC.

@KDOGG331 unless you want soy-free for some reason don’t waste your money on the production plus.
Side note I was told that Poulin is coming out with a cheaper layer feed to compete with TSC. Personally I am not interested in it but figured I would mention it.
Thanks! Good to know! I like the slightly higher protein in it too (18% as opposed to 16%) but will have to compare prices next time I go in too and get the other kind of it’s much cheaper. Although I think once I get rid of these roosters, my feed bill will go way down 😂🤣 I remember when I first switched to it, they stopped carrying Nutrena and said the Plus was very similar to the Hearty Hen so that was initially why I started using that one.

It has a julian date.

View attachment 2488325

20342 = 2020, 342nd day of the year. The numbers are a plant code.

That bag of feed is pretty fresh. I can't see the Flock Raiser tag.
Thanks! That’s good to know! I didn’t realize that was a date since it says lot # ? That includes the date ? That’s good to know because on the other bags they usually stamp the date on the seal strip so do they do both ?

The feeds I deal with (Country Road and Coop Brand) are both coded in the lot#. I quit buying Purina because it is always 20% powder. The lot numbers can be jumbled around a bit from different producers but the info is still there.

Don't let the store managers try to tell you that is not what it means. I've ran into a bunch of that. It is most definately what it means.

The feeds I deal with (Country Road and Coop Brand) are both coded in the lot#. I quit buying Purina because it is always 20% powder. The lot numbers can be jumbled around a bit from different producers but the info is still there.

Don't let the store managers try to tell you that is not what it means. I've ran into a bunch of that. It is most definately what it means.
Thank you!! Very good to know!! But yeah, it is a ton of powder! I usually have to mix the powder with some water so it doesn’t go to waste haha

Back
Top Bottom