No eggs and very jealous..

If you were asking me peanut I am in MO same as you.

And if you were asking me, I live in South Central Iowa.

I have greatly enjoyed watching the nest this year. It is outside our patio door about 25 yards and I can watch them tending to eggs while having morning coffee. I have never observed Guineas brooding outside this close. Usually they just disappear and come back with or without keats. But this time I can see the girls trade off time on the nest. I can see the men chasing off anything that comes with in 20 feet of the nest. I can see them turning eggs a couple times a day. I love seeing a pearl, a purple, and a lavender on the nest at the same time. But the same two stay out every night. It's been neat. I have a whole new respect for them and even though they have been my favorite kind of bird for years it's like I'm learning a side of them I never knew.

I check on mine two or three time a day they made their nest in the guinea house. I put an old chest of drawers in there with some straw and really didnot think they would nest in there because every one I talked to said they would not but to my surprise they did have 3 to 4 on the nest at any one time all three colos like you have way over a 100 eggs in that nest and made another nest in the corner in their house which has over 20 in it so we will see what happens I do have some one who want a lot of them, which is good because I can't keep all of them. I have a sister who lives in Washington Iowa. Peanut

Hi Julie I now have babies keets around 20 or so still hatching, chickendeaal wanted some but I can't get a hold of her will keep trying so will let you know how many she wants let me know if you are still interested in them. Have a great day

Congrats on the keets hatching, peanut... glad you ended up with some keets after all that you have been thru with your Hens and their eggs, lol. Can we see some pics?

Back
Top Bottom