No eggs at all

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Roosurdaddy, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Roosurdaddy

Roosurdaddy Just Hatched

Sep 17, 2016
    So Cal
    Does anyone know? Has anyone ever had a hen, that for some strange reason, has just never given them an egg?

2. Ljc01

Ljc01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Nipomo, Ca
    I have 4 pullets that I am beginning to feel that way about. They were born around the end of April and show no sign of giving me eggs!
    [​IMG]

But, yes. You can have a chickens that will never lay. Every bird is different, so you can get a dud.

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Hmmmm?
    How old is this mentioned Bird?
    I had a Pullet that only laid fart eggs/fairy eggs....Never a nice egg....She is no longer here...That went on for a year!

Cheers!

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Yes, it's possible.

But more info would be needed to decide on whether yours is one of those.
    Looking at some of your other posts, sounds like you have 5 month old pullets.
    Early days yet...not to worry, it'll happen.

BTW.... your screen name is great, gave me a good chuckle.

5. Roosurdaddy

Roosurdaddy Just Hatched

Sep 17, 2016
    So Cal
    Thank you for your replies, Yes, my birds were born near the end of April, so I know I have some time left to go with a couple of my breeds. I was sitting on my bucket in the run observing my flock of ladies and just pondering this thread's question. My two workhorse girls, the leghorns started laying right at 18 weeks. What a dependable breed for egg production. Fresh eggs every morning. One of my EEs started laying a day or so ago and it was a beautiful green egg that looks like someone powdercoated it. Just amazing! One of my RIRs also is producing. So I think I am still waiting for another RIR to start, another EE and my two Marans. The two Marans are starting to squat for me, but the combs and waddles are not as developed as the others. I realize that each bird and breed is different and I am not expecting the chocolate eggs for a few more weeks or maybe longer. Boy, what a sassy couple of French girls they are too, all I hear from them is " Lea Cluck, Lea Cluck, Lea Cluck Cluck ". [​IMG][​IMG] Thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by