1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No eggs for weeks and weeks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by michellers, Jan 5, 2014.

1. michellers

michellers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    Wisconsin
    My two girls have not laid an egg for a very, very long time. It's winter. It's been super cold. Is there a point when I need to be concerned for their health? I don't rely on their eggs, so it isn't that. I'm worried about them.

This is their first winter (they hatched at the end of March). They are eating and drinking, although the amount of food they eat has gone down, but still putting a good dent in their food dish each day. They spend more time in their coop then in their run during the day, but I close them in their coop at night with a lot of bedding and insulation.

They were pretty regular in the summer/fall with an egg or two total between the two of them.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    They are on their 'winter break'. They will start laying once again when the day length increases. It's a normal seasonal thing - don't worry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by