No Eggs From 6 Month old Girls

diamond3girl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 15, 2013
WA
Hi, im a new member, i got tired of reading and not replying, asking etc. I have two gorgeous girls and will post piks as soon as i can work out how, i have Daisy, a large brown all over with boots on & Olivia, a Lavender Arkarna. No eggs yet :( My adorable farm boy hubby built me, sorry, the girls, The Chook Hilton with a run under beautiful trees & green grass but still no eggs, they wld be around 6 months now. Should i have any yet?

Greetings from Kansas, diamond3girl, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our flock! Most chickens should be laying by 20-24 months depending upon breed. So I would say any day now. Do your birds free range? Any way they might be laying somewhere and you not finding them? Good luck to you!

When I chicken sat for some friends they had a coop and a run but the birds would fly in and out of the run as they please. I had to hunt for eggs all over the dang place

Welcome!

-Katie

Ohhhhh hey thankyou All for feedback. I do look kindof around their run for eggs but admit i dont do the scratch dance like they do through the straw haha, mayb i should really hunt? Redsoxs they do free range, and if u can c the coup in my pik they come and go as they please through the day from there but luv to nestle down in different spots. They sleep at night in the nesting box on soft squares of fluffy blankets iv cut up. I put rose petals all through their bedroom & its smells wonderful lol ;-) thanks for the awum welcome, im going on an egg hunt hehe

Hey guys 2 weeks ago i was standing near the chook house & Olivia was making a strange noise. so i grabbed my phone & set record..... Tears followed as i managed to catch footage of my littlest girl laying her 1st egg.. She got annoyed wen she saw me i think or do they feel pain 1st time? Not sure but then. 1 week later daisy started. 2 almost everyday now :)

Back
Top Bottom