No eggs from our 20 week pullets and very anxious please help

Bright red combs, and larger red wattles will indicate egg readiness. My first layers were a solid 6 months old before they started. My second batch was about the same. I have had some pullets lay closer to 7-8 months.

The "egg squat" is a good indicator, if you are used to interacting with them. They will put their wings out, and drop down low, and hold still.

If you have the nests ready, you can put a couple golfballs or wooden eggs in there to give them a hint....
wink.png
It won't make them lay faster, but when they do, they may figure out that the ready made nests are the place to go, and not under the deck or out in the field.
big_smile.png
Unless of course, you like egg hunts!!
tongue.png

Emron's chicken's :

We are having a hard time. every day is preparing for the first eggs. Now I researched about the right condition's for first eggs in the summer. The condditions of elements. 80 every day no signs of eggs soon. All of chickens age and breeds listed. 2 RiR 20 weeks. 3 EE 21 weeks. Does any body have any thing say about this
smile.png

My full size girls hatched in the beginning of February, and are now all laying. My first started at the beginning of July, the last just started, all are the same age. With mine, the day before or the day of the first egg, they would get in and out of nest boxes, and up on chairs, looking for a good place. After a few hours of restless checking things out, I would find an egg.

My Seramas hatched at the end of December, and they have been laying for a month or so. They had the same signs before laying an egg - restlessness and looking for a good spot.

They all got brighter red combs a few weeks before.​

This is what I need. I need every one who has picture's of there pullet who
Are at 4 to 5 months I will Post mine later

Last edited:
Another
Thing if the pullets I have stop huddling when they sleep or when they squawk Randomly or they eat more than the normal is that good

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom