No Eggs!! WooHoo

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hooligan, Mar 9, 2008.

1. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    This is the first time since Dec. that we have had NO eggs in the house. I am so excited....because I sold us all out!!!
    Woohoo!!!
    After seeing if the eggs would sell, which they did, I went ahead and bought my own cartons from Egg Boxes. Now all I have to do is figure out a label [​IMG]

2. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    [​IMG] That's wonderful!

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Can I send you a couple of dozen? [​IMG]

4. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Well I just might need those Wildsky! [​IMG] The bf is taking one of my flyers to work (he works at Walmart) so I should have some more "orders" soon!

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Congrats!

Sounds like you need to raise your prices! [​IMG]

6. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Nice! Congrats on the selling!
    I love it when I sell my eggs! Today I sold 12 goose eggs, 3 dozen duck eggs and 4 dozen chicken eggs to the same lady! $40!! Woohoo! I love knowing they will be enjoyed fresh and delicious!

7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am mad I told the girls I would make chicken soup if I don't get at least 1 egg by my birthday on March 29. The Wyndotte, a marans, and a favorrel are all acting funny and also have much redder combs now. The nest boxes are comeing from eggcartons.com this week so hopefully this will start laying up.

8. hooligan

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Do goose/duck eggs taste the same as chicken eggs? Someone told me that they hated duck eggs bc they were so nasty.
    I am allergic to eggs but I would assume an egg is an egg [​IMG]

9. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Duck eggs are great and once people get past the idea that there is a fuzzy duckling going to pop out, they like them. The white is thicker and the yolk is bigger and so it is richer. I used duck eggs to make a bread pudding last week and it rose like a souffle.
    I have several customers that are allergic to chicken and turkey eggs, but can eat the duck and goose eggs.

10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I really want some kaki cambel hens for baking eggs ! but I don't want the duck mess.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by