No Eggs?

2 Magnolias Egg

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
I am getting vertically no eggs from my girls. I have 8 confirmed egg layers and 7 more that should start any day now. Im getting maybe 2 a day. I know that some of them are molting but is this normal? Production to slow this much?

Of the 7 who haven't started yet, 4 were born in Aril, 3 on July 25th.

Some breeds will lay through the winte but even those will slow down. What breeds do you have?
The mature ones are 3 Buff 2 Barred Rock 1 Jersey Giant, 1 Mutt, 1 Americana. The 3 should be ready any day now, 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 Blue Americana, the one that will be ready soon is the Issa Brown, and I have 3 Lavender Orpingtons that are a little younger.

I am getting vertically no eggs from my girls.
How about horizontally? :gig Sorry couldn't help but riff on the auto-correct typo.

I have 8 confirmed egg layers and 7 more that should start any day now. Im getting maybe 2 a day. I know that some of them are molting but is this normal? Production to slow this much?

Of the 7 who haven't started yet, 4 were born in Aril, 3 on July 25th.
How old are these birds in months?
Molting birds don't lay eggs....and they usually stop laying before the feathers start to fall.

The mature ones are 3 Buff 2 Barred Rock 1 Jersey Giant, 1 Mutt, 1 Americana. The 3 should be ready any day now, 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 Blue Americana, the one that will be ready soon is the Issa Brown, and I have 3 Lavender Orpingtons that are a little younger.
I only have experience with a few of those. My americaunas never laid through winter and my Sussex slowed way down. I don't remember my orpingtons but my current Australorp has slowed down already as well and she just started laying a couple months ago. Some breeds are better winter layers like Faverolles and Barnevelders but they're heritage breeds not production breeds so they don't lay a ton

Back
Top Bottom