no eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickalick, May 27, 2011.

1. chickalick

chickalick Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    i have had my hens for 2 weeks but there not laying any eggs they are 22 weeks old what would the problem be

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    What breed are they? Some breeds take longer to mature than others......

3. chickalick

May 18, 2011
    i have 4 ones a warren,white suffolk

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I would talk to them one on one & explain to them that there's no free lunch here so start laying. Also, show them where to lay the eggs. LOL> Mine didn't lay till they were 25 weeks. Are their combs & wattles big & red. They are also in a new environment. They will start squatting when they are about to lay. Give them time they will lay when their ready is the best advice. Be patient. Do you have the boxes set up for them? I would add some fake eggs in the boxes so they know where to lay.

5. chickalick

May 18, 2011
    ok thanks i think i may threatern them with paxo but yes i will give them time there combes are not very big either

6. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Yes, give them a little more time. My Catalina just started laying and she is 24 wks old.[​IMG]

7. PhoenixAngel429

PhoenixAngel429 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    East KY
    Quote:Some take a while.... some are better than others.

8. NanaLantana

NanaLantana Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    Lantana, Florida
    Also, if you just got them, do you know if they were laying before you got them? If so, they received stress in their move, and will start again when they feel 'at home'. If you love them and they have adequate housing and food and water and room, they will eventually lay. Mine are almost 20 weeks - I ask them every day, "where are my brown eggs?" [​IMG]

9. chickalick

May 18, 2011
    Quote:ok thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by