no eggs:(

myfarm4579

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 28, 2014
I have 3 wyandotte 30weeks old today. So far no eggs from them. May be a stupid question but does a roo always fertilize the eggs if they are laying? He does he thing with the sex links I have but shows the wyandotte no interest.

Can you post photos of the birds in question? We may be able to see signs of maturity that come with production or nearing production and get an idea of whether these birds are near that point for you. Are your birds free range or confined? How many birds, total, do you have? It is not uncommon for a rooster to have favorite birds that get a lot of attention and some that get none.

Not sure how to post photos:( they are free range have Looked high and low for stray eggs. Two of the wyandotte have light red wattles the other has a light pale pink. I have five other sexlink pullut. The others are all laying in the nest boxes.

Did you home hatch/get them as day-olds or were they semi-grown at the time you got them? If it's the latter, it is possible they are not as old as you were told and that would factor into the seemingly delayed production. If it's the former, are they from hatchery stock or private stock? Hatchery stock birds often have a faster rate of maturity than some of the other, more developed, lines of birds.

I got them from someone. Yeah the said they were hatched first part of March. I got them bout July.

Back
Top Bottom