No Fertile Eggs

ACDKMT

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 23, 2013
CA
I have to scovies male and female both a little over a year old and they mate a lot. My female has had 2 clutches of eggs now and both times there were no fertile ones. Is there anything I can do to help the eggs get fertile? Like I said they mate a lot and they're with each other 24/7

I have to scovies male and female both a little over a year old and they mate a lot. My female has had 2 clutches of eggs now and both times there were no fertile ones. Is there anything I can do to help the eggs get fertile? Like I said they mate a lot and they're with each other 24/7
Never heard of ducks being infertile especially at a young age, when you say infertile do you mean you cracked the eggs open and didn't see the bullseye or just that none hatched? other than as good a wholesome diet that you can get and maybe adding some good quality vitamins to their diet not sure if there's anything else you can do other than bringing in another duck or drake and not knowing which has the problem makes that difficult.

Yes i cracked 11 eggs after letting the female sit on them for 2 weeks. None of them were fertile. They eat their staple food and get worms tomatoes peas grapes and carrots on a daily basis.

Yes i cracked 11 eggs after letting the female sit on them for 2 weeks. None of them were fertile. They eat their staple food and get worms tomatoes peas grapes and carrots on a daily basis.
Wow, I wish I had some answers for ya but I don't, I do know some are saying the feed now is causing infertility in some animals, GOM's having to do with it. I can tell ya last year we had quite a few ducks sitting on eggs and out of 3 hatches there were 4 out of 8 eggs and 1 out of 5 and 1 out of 6, this year we only let on duck sit and she was 4for 4. but one of those died from un known causes. Just seems strange that you'd have so many infertile eggs with such young ducks.

Yea I know it's puzzling. Maybe my boy doesn't know what hes doing. As a baby he was unable to walk well and had undeveloped lungs and my vet said he wouldn't live to be 4 months old, but i proved my vet wrong because hes over a year now. His lungs developed and he walks just like the other ducks, in fact he's got more energy than all of them. Perhaps there's still something wrong?

Yea I know it's puzzling. Maybe my boy doesn't know what hes doing. As a baby he was unable to walk well and had undeveloped lungs and my vet said he wouldn't live to be 4 months old, but i proved my vet wrong because hes over a year now. His lungs developed and he walks just like the other ducks, in fact he's got more energy than all of them. Perhaps there's still something wrong?
There could be, I don't know any way of telling though. Glad to hear he is doing so well though.

Back
Top Bottom