NO FIGHTING!!! I just want to say...

i was always told that once a dog was raised or bred for fighting that it had to be put down
that is really great news that they were able to do good to his victims/dogs
in the 50s and 60s pits were great dogs to have
but somewhere along the years bad people got their hands on these dogs and did bad things
i love all animals
i get mad at them for hurting my animals when they do
but i really dont believe that the guy deserved a second chance with sports
but that is my opinion

Quote:
What did he do with the rest of the rabbit?

Duh, she IS the rabbit Lol!

I know that. I was trying to be funny. Guess you had to be there.

This is so true, Iowa Roo Mom! I myself have a 1/2 pit mix, and he is just a big baby, only problem is, he's deaf.
sad.png
Just kinda hard to relate things to him. But we wouldn't trade him. Yes, I heard about one of his dogs becoming a therapy dog! How great is that!
thumbsup.gif

My old friend had a pitbull and it was super nice but MAN those are powerful dogs LOL always pulled me off my feet on the leash
lol.png

i guess peoples main concern with those dogs are that they COULD get you but if u look in reality, any dog can snap on you and be just as mean
roll.png

Personally i dont look at pitbulls any different then i do any dog
smile.png

I've had 3 pits and about 18 pups over the years and in doing a little research I found that they were in fact NOT bred to fight at all!!!! Originally, they were bred as hunting dogs. The were bred and trained to help bring down wild boar and bears in Europe. Only in the last 20 to 30 years have they gotten a bad name due to those ignorant people who raised them to fight. Pit bulls also make great therapy dogs because they have a HIGH pain threshold. The ability to block out pain makes them a safer choice around those with wheelchairs, crutches, etc. Now even though I've had 3 before, one of with I had before I started my family and only passed away almost two years ago, I really don't think I would get another. One reason is because nowdays you do not know how people have handled them. Having been attacked by a rottie mix and being told that it wanted to kill me because it gave no warning and attacked silently and from behind, I will not take the chance with me kids. After my first child was born a fence went up. We had 2 big dogs, the pit and a lab, even though neither dog ever did anything, I refused to take that chance. Plus, I wanted my kiddos to be able to play in the yard without stepping in dog poop. But I loved my pit, Kaleb, and still miss the big lug. When he was a baby, he would nest in my long hair in the bed to keep our older female pit from knocking him out of the bed. He was well loved by me and in return, I was well loved by him.

ETA: Chihuahuas (sp. ?) and poodles bite more people than any other breeds every year but because of their size and inability to do MASSIVE damage like the bigger breeds, you hear less about it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom