NO FIGHTING!!! I just want to say...

Are you telling me theres hope for my snarly Golden Retriever .....no really my SNARLY Golden Retriever who has been throught 3 behavourlists and is deeply loved here but were very careful around certain things ...

I had a gorgeous female pit, who started out to be the most loving animal. She would lick you death. I never thought that she would ever attempt to hurt anyone, but she did. She went after my son ( I thought he was telling stories, so I went to check on her and she just wanted to lick all over me), so I sent my husband out to check on her, and she went after him, then she went after my brother-n-law. I do not know what changed her, but she had to be put down. I don't think there all bad, and I don't think that they will all turn, but mine was basically a rescue. She came up starving to death, so maybe a man abused her, because she was only doing this to men and not women.

I also had a 1/2 pit 1/2 chow for 14 years, and he was the best dog anyone could ever hope for.

But, I'm really glad that they were able to rehome some of the pits and that they will no longer be abused. I think it's all in the way that they raised. You can raise them to be mean or you can raise them with love and they will love back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't create this thread to say that ALL Pit Bulls are wonderful- the harsh reality is, they're not. I was bitten by a chow when I was 8 years old. Kinda changes your perspective about a breed when you've had a bad experience or been bitten by one- and that's a natural reaction. My dad has been bitten twice in his entire life (he works for a utility company and is coming into daily contact with strange dogs) They were both GSD's. Now me, I
love.gif
GSD's. Him... not so much. I was just glad to hear last night that someone didn't give up on these dogs. Someone gave them a chance, and most, proved they could be re-hab'd. Would I trust them alone with a child or stranger? NO! I wouldn't place my own dog in that situation. I'm just saying, IMHO, it's less about the breed and more about environment.... again, IMHO.

I think he should be made to or better yet choose to donate a LARGE portion of his LARGE salaries to
A) the people that adopted the dogs he abused
B) local animal shelters
C) any other animal related charies

Back
Top Bottom