Thank goodness for space heaters and a fireplace. We've got a natural gas boiler under our house. It's been nothing but problem after problem after problem ever since I bought this house. I love having radiant heat instead of forced air, but recently the valve that controls the gas flow seems to be faulty. DBF crawled under the house this weekend and called from the crawl space (I was in the kitchen) in a panic to tell me to turn off the heat from inside the house: the pilot light was 8-10" high! So, we turned off the heat on Sunday evening and have been relying on space heaters and the old fireplace. This stinks! The living room got up to 64 but the bedrooms are in the 50s. What's worse is that we don't have the funds to pay someone to fix it. DBF was supposed to have called someone today. The local boiler repair guy has told me he dislikes going under houses... who could blame him. I'm hopeful that the boiler guy will be willing to basically do a consultation over the phone rather than charge us to crawl under our house, which he hates doing. Send me "FREE/CHEAP" vibes (and warm ones, too).