No, I don’t have any regrets about eating animals.

Pics
And also, just saying that lobbyists are driving the meat agenda doesn’t actually deal with the nutritional facts. It is very tricky to get a balanced diet from plants. People who have a high intake of plant foods also have higher rates of a vast array of diseases. Medical doctors are seeing type two diabetes and many other chronic diseases go into remission by putting patients on meat. A slab of fatty beef literally has all the nutrients a human needs—including vitamin c.

Seventh-day Adventists, who promote a plant-based diet, although not excusively, would disagree with you! ;) Studies have shown that they live on average 5 to 7 years longer than other Americans. Have you seen that ad that says, "Loma Linda CA has the highest concentration of people over 100"? That is a community with a lot of SDAs.

A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage- Herbert Hoover campaign ad in 1928.

I think the desire to have more backyard farmers is wonderful. Unfortunately, 55% of the works 7.5 billion people now live in urban environments. Large scale industrial agro may be abhorrent to many of us, but it has proven to be a cost effective way to feed the masses. To me, just another reason I’m glad I no longer live in the big Apple
Urban agriculture probably wouldn’t work everywhere. As a long haul driver I have through the entire United States. It seems like about half the population of the US lives within three hundred miles of the big apple. Within that three hundred miles there are many backyards, roofs tops etc that could be home to some micro-ag. That having been said, millions of Americans live in apartments or in some type of close quarters as in the populous areas of Europe and Asia where urban agriculture might not be particularly productive on a per capita basis. However, the other 50% of the US resides on the remaining 3000x1500 mile area. Lots of space there. I’d guess 30% of that is arid or semi-arid and not easily made productive. I am just guessing based on my travels. So I think for those who have the ability to grow their own, it’s a great option. I remember as a child in king county WA we were restricted to 3 chickens, dogs or cats in all. There wasn’t really a good reason for that. Our back yard could have had a dozen without being a nuisance if the lawyers would get over it. That’s another side—getting society to accept urban agriculture as a legal option for those who want to do it.

I doubt that you posted with intent; therefore, to my way of thinking no rule was broken.

Are we possibly related ? I have often wondered how many I could tick off if I really tried.

Glad that I was farm born and bred. Gifted with respect for that which we eat and a love for a varied diet. You should try my squirrel sauerbraten.
We LOVE squirrel but usually bread and fry it! I bet sauerbraten is delicious!!

I eat meat I really love lobster and most seafood
Always ate store bought meat although my family hunts and raises some of the own meat but for some reason I can't touch it
I just feel bad for some reason even though I know store bought meat isn't as healthy and is raised poorly
I must be a hypocrite lol
You should not feel bad at all. My husband and boys hunt and sometimes I’m just not feeling it either. Meh... sometimes I am. The goal is to be a good steward with our resource. The meet my guys supply never goes to waste nor does the meat I supply from the store!

i don't see the problem with raising animals for meat. but some times people can't for reasons or other things. like me for example.

i can not raise and kill my own animals its just to hard? or sad? just makes me really not enjoy eating it or raising them. which is weird for me.

as i have no issue with hunting animals. and i enjoy butchering and skinning animals i hunt and trap. but i do eat weird ones. (bear is really tasty in my opinion)

I have a hard time with gluten and thankfully meat is naturally gluten free.
Many anti-meat eaters are so hard on all the stuff done to animals that we consume but don't blink an eye at whats done to our plants and grains. Salmonella from poorly handled vegetables is no joke. Added trans fat, nitrates, sugars, preservatives just to name a few things added to our grains and vegetables that many people are sensitive to.
It's unnecessary for people to try and be hard on anyone else for eating or not eating meat because if you want to split hairs you could always turn the table around.
Now, do I feel regret....nope! Maybe just a little that I choose fried chicken over baked, knowing it's not as healthy. Ha,ha, see the irony in that. Sometimes I even offend myself. Ba'hahaha!
The fried chicken is very healthy if it’s fried in bacon grease without grains. I wonder if our vegan friends know that animal fat functions in the body to inhibit lipid growth and inhibit appetite. People who cook their food in animal fat instead of vegetable fat eat fewer calories without exerting more will power.

I'm actually allergic to certain meat and that's why I'm plant based. I have no deficiencies and I get blood tests monthly. I'm very healthy and my Dr has me speak at his support group meetings. I have a very well balanced diet and I get all my protein and minerals/vitamins from plants.

When you eat meat and feel like death then eat plant based and feel like a million bucks... That to me says everything. A human can live plant based. I'm living proof.

The key point of note here is the close medical monitoring. All things in moderation works for me.

Back
Top Bottom