No idea what she could be!

Miriah132

Songster
Mar 16, 2018
7FDF223F-273B-432E-B9AF-0C5D6453A0BB.jpeg
FA7E0C1B-A8CA-44E6-9F70-D7399DA330A0.jpeg
A2387AE7-B648-4550-A46B-8B9AE29D3114.jpeg
I bought two Easter Eggers from my local feed store that I bought most of my backyard girls from. One is definitely what you imagine when you think of an Easter Egger, the other I have no idea what she could be. His birds are hatchery quality but he never has mixed breeds(besides the EEs). So what is this girl? She is 6 months old and started squatting but hasn’t laid yet. She’s also a lot smaller than most of my hens but so is my EE I bought with her. I think something might have stunted their growth.

I actually have an Easter Egger that looks very similar to this girl- she is small and lays a peach colored egg. Her name is Runt. I don’t have pictures on my phone but can take some tomorrow!

I'm getting 5 silver leghorns from McMurray this spring, I have heard good things about them. Silver Leghorns lay white eggs and are very similar to other leghorn varieties. They are a pretty uncommon bird and labeled as "rare" by most hatcheries. I'm surprised a feed store had them. The rarest bird i've seen at a feed store was a Golden Laced wyandotte, and that's a pretty common breed :lol:

She is definitely a mix, judging by that slight crest. Might be a cream legbar/silver leghorn mix. That would technically make an easter egger, since easter eggers are technically just mixes that lay colored eggs.

She is definitely a mix, judging by that slight crest. Might be a cream legbar/silver leghorn mix. That would technically make an easter egger, since easter eggers are technically just mixes that lay colored eggs.

Yea, she might be a CL SL cross, when she starts to lay if she is that cross she will have blue eggs. Blue is dominant over white. You can see some of her feathers behind the head sticking up, maybe that is her crest :lol: If she lays white eggs then I think it is a pure SL.

I didn’t even notice the little crest. I’m excited to see what kinda egg she will lay. All the EEs I got from him have had muffs and looked exactly like what you would imagine an EE to look like so I figured she might be something else!

Back
Top Bottom