No internal piping yet.

Just leave it like that for now. Does it look to be internally pipped that you can tell?
No I don't think it's pipped internally. The baby looks like a U shaped darkness around the air sac. There's also a bit of yolkish colored fluid coming out of the hole I made.

It is still moving. It looks like it's
Is it still moving around in there? Hopefully it's not malpositioned.
It is still moving. Now it looks like it's settled on the bottom of the egg. Like maybe. Its head or butt is at the hole I made. Just have to wait and see I guess. I'll be a little disappointed if this little one doesn't hatch. Its mother just started to go broody. she's sitting on one egg so there's still hope.

Yep sounds malpositioned and that's why the air cell disappeared like that - its lower half has gone into the air cell as it positions for hatching. Hopefully it can pip from the bad position. There is the chance that it won't be able to or will hit a major vein when it tries and bleed out. I don't mean to discourage you, I just want to let you know of the possibility that something may go wrong here. Don't make the hole any larger and make sure the humidity in the incubator is at least 70 to 75 to keep it from drying out.

Yep sounds malpositioned and that's why the air cell disappeared like that - its lower half has gone into the air cell as it positions for hatching. Hopefully it can pip from the bad position. There is the chance that it won't be able to or will hit a major vein when it tries and bleed out. I don't mean to discourage you, I just want to let you know of the possibility that something may go wrong here. Don't make the hole any larger and make sure the humidity in the incubator is at least 70 to 75 to keep it from drying out.
Good morning hopefully your there and can see this picture. But he has start to pip. On the underside of the egg so I flipped it I noticed it looked the membrane was dry so I sprayed it the torn it off. There's still that yolk colored liquid oozing out of it should I keep it should I help. I'm freaking out even more now. Plus I can't get the humidity above 69.

Morning! I'm here, but the picture didn't come through. 69% will probably be fine, you could add a damp sponge to try to get it higher if you'd like.

I have add a sponge plus all the wells are full and I have two containers full. Here's hoping it hatches. I can feel the gray hairs starting. Its seem a like it's progressing.

Back
Top Bottom