No luck on our Emu eggs

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
Today is day 56 for emu eggs and no luck. One of them I was a little concerned about from the first because when you turned it you could feel somthing move inside and figured the yolk was loose. The other was tapping at me when I whistled at it from day 35 through 45. Since they are supposed to hatch in 46 to 55 days I figured we'd have a baby on the 46th day or soon thereafter, but the tapping stopped and no movement was seen afterwards. We go back to school on Monday after 3 weeks off,, I hate to tell the kids but they knew it could happen. Kristina thanks for all the help, advice, and support!
Kate

Sorry Kristina, I left the a off the end of your name!

Last edited:
hey it could be a late one.
smile.png

Quote:
I was hoping for that, but with no movement, no response, and it doesn't hold the temp if you pick it up, I'm not holding my breath. We may try again though, later.
K

Quote:
How long do goose eggs take? I was approached by a lady who said if I hatched any she would give me $35 a piece for them, is that a good price if I can get eggs a decent price?

28 - 35 days. I just hatched 3 and have 3 on day 28 today. They need a fair amount of attention. Spritzing, cooling, etc. daily. I have 2 threads on my goose eggs hatching.

Awww...Kate I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried to make a hole in one to see any signs of life? Man....I'm sorry I know it was such a long wait.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom