No matter how long I've been gone...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nitrous, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    It is great to see new names mixed in with the experienced folk :)

I haven't been on BYC in well over a year. I miss some of the comments, suggestions and ideas! You guys were always fun.

In the last year, I have written three books and started a fourth. "Black's Voyage" (650 pages) is published in paperback and available on Amazon.com. The second book, "A Pair of Black" will be available in paperback just after Thanksgiving. I am giving it its final (sixth) edit as we speak :) You can read the first six chapters, on Amazon's page, which I think is a very cool feature of their program.

It's available in either paperback or on the Kindle. I should make it available on the Nook also, but I keep forgetting to do it. :-(

I've never fallen into something I love, as much as writing. Yesterday was my first day off, from working my 50-hour-a-week job and writing. I've been getting up at 4:30AM every day and writing, before heading to work. I decided that if I was going to achieve my goals and make my dreams come true, I might need to lose some sleep to do it.

A year later and I have over 1700 pages of manuscript and three books. I have never felt more satisfied with my life :)

There are lots of chickens in all three books and I used a lot of what I learned here, to discuss how they are treated, fed, watered, bred and managed, so thank you to all of you who helped!

Thank you to all at BYC who helped me understand the subtleties of my chickens and how amazing they are. :)

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations on the publication of your books, and welcome back home.

3. Ali xxc

Ali xxc Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2013
    Northumberland
    Hi am still a newby to this was just laughing along at your comments iam interested in benefitting from older perspectives on chuck raising noticed photo of chickens enjoying watermelon how do you keep that coop looking so good

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's awesome! Congrats on the books and the writing. That is quite an accomplishment! It is great to do something you love everyday!

1 person likes this.
  5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Also, the book sounds wonderful. I will put it on my wishlist so I remember to go back to it after I finish what I am reading now!

1 person likes this.
  6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Welcome back.

7. Nitrous

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Thank you everyone :) I miss your random ramblings most of all ;-)

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Congratulations! I hope your book sell well.

9. Nitrous

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Book 2 is out. :)

It's available on both Kindle and Amazon (paperback).

1 person likes this.
  10. Nitrous

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I'm happy to say I enrolled both books in a program called Matchbook so that if someone buys the hard copy of the book, they can get the digital e-book, from Kindle, for FREE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by