No matter what our kids and the new generation think about us,

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say to the original poster....
thumbsup.gif

I was born in 85 and pretty much everything listed, I have DONE! My kids the same

WE SURVIVE!

Still today, there is alot of news going around about kidnapping and murder. Mom said she hears more of that nowaday then she did before. Plus, there are MORE DCF cases nowaday
barnie.gif
and people complain way too much

The reason you hear so much about it now days is because everyone watches too much news and all the news preaches is the doom and gloom. In my opinion all that should be on the news is weather and good things because if you keep preaching and listening to negative you will be negative. Now that is my two pennies worth

Thank you Veterans, and Active Military for making it possible for everyone to post thier own opinion!!! God Bless America!!!!!!

GrayDragon.
With the exception of the things that are just stupid, like riding without a carseat. Sure, you may have survived. A lot of kids didn't, or survived with horrific injuries. It's not somehow 'better' to have been without a carseat. Just like it's not somehow 'better' to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. Just means that if you are in a wreck, your chances of death are greatly increased, as are your chances of serious injury. Ah, the good old days when a collision at 35 miles per hour was almost guaranteed to send your kids to the hospital/morgue instead of just being something they shook off.

I don't exactly agree with all of the things said in this by whom ever wrote it. I do agree with the basic message.

I thought it would make people not only think, but bring back great memories of their childhood that would bring some joy to their day.

There are plenty of important issues on this board that need serious thought and discussion.

Then there are stories like I post to put some joy into each of our lives giving us a rest from the problems we all face.

It's been said...............

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you make them feel."​

You rode in the back of a pickup truck without a seatbelt. We eliminated gender and racial discrimination to the point that a black man and two women all felt confident enough that they could potentially handle the highest office in this country. You didn't have carseats. We created genuine freedom of speech via the internet.

And we gave birth to you and reared you to value those things you have accomplished. Or did you just think you sprung from the womb fully formed and with a value set in place?
wink.png
Who do you think developed the carseats for your generation? Or did these also appear from thin air?
lol.png

Not to get into a generational war, but the snide tone of this particular paragraph struck me as being typical of this generation. No respect for the fact that you are standing on the accomplishments of the last generation when you reach for the stars. As were we.

Each generation has something to add, to give, to leave for the next. Some good, some bad...but don't start feeling all puffed up just yet. The next generation will also discount your contributions and feel like they are superior....
tongue.png

Last edited:
Good points BeeKissed.

I think that the OP was trying to reminisce more than anything. I remember riding in the back of the pick up on lengthy road trips 20 or 30 miles sometimes. Today, my kids are only allowed to ride in the back when coming up our 3/10 mile drive way and they have to sit down on the floor, not on the wheel-well...lol.

Each generation learns something from the one before, whether its safety, politics or science.

Great post BK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom