No mites, no injuries, what could be wrong?!

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Our 14 week old bantam polish pullet is really lethargic today!
She won't even eat or drink!
She's just laying on her side

I gave her nutri-drench yesterday using the suggested dose but obviously that didn't help

What could be wrong with her?!
What can I give her?!

I don't want to lose her!

Our 14 week old bantam polish pullet is really lethargic today!
She won't even eat or drink!
She's just laying on her side

I gave her nutri-drench yesterday using the suggested dose but obviously that didn't help

What could be wrong with her?!
What can I give her?!

I don't want to lose her!
I'm sorry your little pullet isn't feeling well.
Can you please post pictures of her?
How long has she been like this?
Has she pooped at all? If so, what did it look like?

I would start treatement ASAP for coccidiosis. Treatment is Corid, available at many feed stores or tractor supply, usually in the livestock/cattle section. It comes in liquid or powder, either will work, liquid is a bit easier if they have it. Dosing chart is below for whichever form you get, use the severe outbreak dosing. In addition to the medicated water give her an oral dose daily for up to three days, dosing is here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
During treatment do not give vitamins as that may reduce the effectiveness of the medication. I would also make sure she gets the medicated water orally several times a day until she is drinking well on her own. Medicated water should be the only water available during treatment. Start as soon as possible, it can progress quickly, the sooner you treat the better the chance of recovery. It's very common in young birds and chicks. Treatment will not harm her if it is something else.
900x900px-LL-a380cae7_Untitled.jpeg

1033284.jpg

2202129.jpg

I would start treatement ASAP for coccidiosis. Treatment is Corid, available at many feed stores or tractor supply, usually in the livestock/cattle section. It comes in liquid or powder, either will work, liquid is a bit easier if they have it. Dosing chart is below for whichever form you get, use the severe outbreak dosing. In addition to the medicated water give her an oral dose daily for up to three days, dosing is here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/corid-oral-drench-instructions.1211991/
During treatment do not give vitamins as that may reduce the effectiveness of the medication. I would also make sure she gets the medicated water orally several times a day until she is drinking well on her own. Medicated water should be the only water available during treatment. Start as soon as possible, it can progress quickly, the sooner you treat the better the chance of recovery. It's very common in young birds and chicks. Treatment will not harm her if it is something else.
View attachment 1887475
View attachment 1887476
View attachment 1887477
Don't worry we have corid.

View attachment 1887475
View attachment 1887476
View attachment 1887477
We've had corid on hand for months

Back
Top Bottom