No more tarp over run, Now has a Roof

Hubby ordered this to put in the flagpole(under the other flag) on the coop.
61Hh4PbvkwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I am so glad your DH is better. It's such a good feeling when you can finally do away with the tarp roof trust me I know lol.
I'm already loving it. Since we have plenty of the roof panels left we are going to do more upgrades. Matching roof on coop, brooder/storage. Skirting to hide the apron wire and kick/splash panels at run door side.

That is awesome!!! I have a section I have to put a roof over, but it's a large area.
Our run is 8x8, not big. But I have panels on top like the side panel and I had put a 13.5" riser to put the slope in for the tarp. We used the riser to make the rafter and then put cross braces 2 foot apart (middle of rafter length, between the rafters). With all the corner brackets on (46), it is not going to fall. :gig

We finished off the upgrades today. Coop roof changed from metal roofing to the PVC roofing, put PVC roofing on the top of the brooder/storage roof, added the PVC skirting to both coop & brooder/storage, put the PVC on the run door for a splash plate.
Landlord was here today. He was okay with the way the coop & run were. He really likes the upgrades. Said it looks good, that he knew we would have it look nice. Chuckled and said lucky chickens.
20190910_155655.jpg

20190910_130721.jpg
20190910_164322.jpg

Back
Top Bottom