No, niet, nine

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Linda in San Diego, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    So I came in the house a little while ago and called out, "nine", and my husband responded, "oh, I'm sorry!" Silly boy, he knew I was calling out the number of eggs in English and he chose to respond as if I was speaking German! LOL

2. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    Where do you live in San Diego? I grew up in Kearny Mesa and went to Kearny High School. I still visit a few times a year. [​IMG]

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:Seid Ihr aus Deutschland?
    Oder ist Dein Mann aus Deutschland??

Ich kann ja Deutsch sehr gut,but I think I better write in english then you don,t think I am weird.

Omran.

4. Linda in San Diego

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    I live between Downtown San Diego and La Mesa in a community called Lemon Grove.
    I grew up right around here and Kearny Mesa is not that far away :) Next time you visit, PM me.
    As my DH and DD and I drove along fwy 94, I kept looking at yards and thinking - "they could have chickens".

5. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    I know where that is! How nice to meet you. I wil PM you for sure when I visit! [​IMG]

6. Linda in San Diego

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    LOL, yes, write in English, my other languages are Spanish and American Sign Language. My knowledge of German only comes from being mostly of German decent and deciding to learn certain words in more that one languge. It is kinda kool to be able to cuss in German and then get funny looks from those who actually understood, LOL.

7. Linda in San Diego

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Quote:Wowsers, what was the transtion like from San Diego to Iowa!!???

8. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:I just went to the school in Germany from 1995 to 1999 that,s where I learned german.

Omran.

9. Linda in San Diego

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Wow, wonderful. So how many languages do you know then?

My Spanish is painful, my German limited to two bad words and a few numbers, my American Sign Language is languishing because I don't use it much. LOL, and I teach English to 6th graders! LOL

10. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    Gotta ask, what was your husband doing when you hollered "NO!" when you came upon him, that he was sorry for?

Wayne

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by