No red in my yard

columbiacritter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 7, 2008
Scappoose Oregon
We've learned that red hats and my red garden clogs are major no no's for our yard.
sad.png

All three roosters just freak when we where anything red and attack. All of them attack our feet with the clogs but the banties fly up and attack our heads with a red hat on. If the hat gets knocked off they'll fly down and keep attackign it on the ground.

Anyone else have this issue?

I've found that mine dont care for my pink crocs. They avoid me when I wear them. I was told chickens see in color so I guess their telling you red is not your color
wink.png

Never had that problem, but it sounds really comical just imagining what goes on at your place. Mine just attacked the wife, and kids, but they showed a lot of fear of the roosters. I'd just pick em up and scratch em a while when they tried me out, and they hated that, so left me alone, no attacks after that.

Yep, my rooster doesn't like my red crocs but he knows better than to do anything about it. I also wear a bright red coat on cold mornings.
My former rooster absolutely hated my rubber coop boots (black ones).
Did you know that in the commercial broiler houses they have to be really careful about what color clothing they wear in the houses? Red clothing or bright rubber boots and the birds will get scared to death (literally).

Last edited:
lol, i recently changed my hair color and all my chickens freaked out on me and i even got bit by one of my fav roo's. they are pretty darn picky i guess lol. i hope they dont start attacking me everytime i do it....

Back
Top Bottom