No such thing as free range eggs

Chicken Man Dan

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 4, 2011
Suburban Ontario
I found this comment from a news site quite funny and thought I'd share:

"I'd be delighted to see the banishment of the phrase "free range egg(s)". There has never been and, likely, never will be an egg that can move freely around the barnyard unaccompanied. Its hen can roam at will, 'range' freely in the parlance of today. However, the egg must by its nature remain in place not ranging anywhere at all."

lol.png

And high fructose corn syrup is now called corn sugar to make it sound more like cane sugar. Kinda pitiful that people will believe that nonsense.

Quote:
Have you noticed all these companies now claim to have free range chicken and eggs. From where!!! How can Moes afford that? It's like they're stretching the meaning of free ranged.

Quote:
Have you noticed all these companies now claim to have free range chicken and eggs. From where!!! How can Moes afford that? It's like they're stretching the meaning of free ranged.

In the commercial chicken and egg businesses, free range means that they could possibly go outside because an access has been created. It doesn't mean the birds are actually outside at any point in their life; just that the option is there.

Quote:

In the commercial chicken and egg businesses, free range means that they could possibly go outside because an access has been created. It doesn't mean the birds are actually outside at any point in their life; just that the option is there.

This might be interesting...
http://www.cornucopia.org/organic-egg-scorecard/

Hi All
I am in Canada and looked up the Ontario Egg info.
http://www.getcracking.ca/aboutefo.html

I looked on the shelf at the grocery the other day after finding out my girls are free range (according to the Egg Experts)
Holy Tin Pot..... I should be charging WAY more for my eggs. The Free range eggs were almost $6!!!!
ep.gif

I like to say my chickens are pastured .... at least on the weekends when I have the time to keep an eye on them.
I wonder if I can charge more when I move and get them a bigger pasture?

Crazy what people will pay more for when the "word smiths" get involved.

Just my 2 cents.
Patricia

Back
Top Bottom