NO TO COLD

It shouldn't get that cold there to worry about frostbite but here's what we do here when it gets cold. Make sure there is good ventilation up high in the coop. No drafts where the chicken lives. Straw or wood chips to nestle in. I feed a little whole corn in the evening when it's cold out as the process to break it down produces heat to stay warm. (I'm in Michigan and it gets very cold in the winter here at times.) Any time I think they may be in danger of getting frost bite on their combs or waddles I coat them with a little Vaseline. Roosts should be wide enough for the feet so they can cover them with their feathers and keep them warm.

I found this:

"Coldest day in the Philippines: The lowest official temperature ever recorded in the country was 6.3 degrees Celsius that happened on January 18, 1961 in Baguio City."

Which means that the Philippines has never in recorded history experienced temperature below freezing. OP, your chicken will be absolutely fine without any intervention. I know that relative to your highest highs, even 27ºC might seem "cold", but that's not actually cold. Real cold is below freezing, which you don't get. Chickens can be fine without help well below freezing. So no need to worry.

Back
Top Bottom