NO TO COLD

mimithewhiteLEGHORN

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2023
hello guys, do you have any idea how can i keep my chicken warm? we have a cold weather here in the Philippines at night and my chicken comb always turns blue. I'm so worried for my chicken please help me

I had babies on the coop at 2 weeks old without a mum. I made them a wool hen (it was summer).
It trapps the air so they only have a small area to heat up. Cardboard box full of straw will do the same. She should cope well if fully feathered.
Not got much experience with very cold, we suffer from humidity. Everyone seems to say if you can keep the air dry and still at roost hight they will do even if very cold.

If it suddenly drops from say 30°C to under 25°C, I would not be so quick to disregard cold, in which case he won't need any support/help of any kind. It could be a defect as well

If it suddenly drops from say 30°C to under 25°C, I would not be so quick to disregard cold, in which case he won't need any support/help of any kind. It could be a defect as well
we have a 27°c now and it is already evening and i can't get a straw to prevent my chicken from cold is there anything else i can use instead of straw?

we have 27°c here a 7:42 pm
Wow. That's very warm. I consider it too hot for me personally. I hate weather that is warmer than 75F (23.9C).

I've had 2 female white Leghorns out in -15F (-26C) and their combs remained pink (it was winter so all the girls combs had turned pink and shrunk).

Back
Top Bottom