NO TO COLD

we have a 27°c now and it is already evening and i can't get a straw to prevent my chicken from cold is there anything else i can use instead of straw?

27°C isn't cold. There's no need to protect him at that temperature. Only if it drops to 20° (give or take 3 degrees) should you see the purple tips

I cannot stand anything below 20°C:lau
I walked out on the deck in my bare feet this morning with the dogs. The deck was covered in frost and it is -3.3C. No problem. It's all about acclimation. I have no desire to acclimate to hot temps.

we have a 27°c now and it is already evening and i can't get a straw to prevent my chicken from cold is there anything else i can use instead of straw?
Over heating sounds like more of a risk than too cold. You mean degrees C not F right?
27C is warmer than I set my central heating in the house!
I think that is a very comfortable temperature for chickens.

If you meant 27F then that is below freezing - if fully feathered that is also fine for them.

I walked out on the deck in my bare feet this morning with the dogs. The deck was covered in frost and it is -3.3C. No problem. It's all about acclimation. I have no desire to acclimate to hot temps.

Oh my! I'm the complete opposite! I have no problem with 40°C weather, ( we even had 46°C this summer) but I do NOT like the cold

I had 2 week on chicks in the coop with only a wool hen and day time highs of 27c. They would charge around the run too when the bigs were out free ranging.

I didn't Philippines weather is getting that cold. I don't know your condition, but many thing can be use 1) Electricity available: heat from light bulb, oil heater, other produce heat source can be use 2) No electricity: heat rock/brick, boiling water and put big metal pot/barrel can be use or just dig a large hole few meters away (add rock/brick to retain heat) down wind and use metal pip to route heat to the coop. To avoid smoke, the pipe must be lowest point as possible and put small hole screen to block any type object pass through beside heat. The heat source scrap (hay, straw, small branch, leaves, etc...) can be use. The other no heat source can use is the big pile of wet grass, mulch. wood chips. Unfortunately, this method require few weeks of decompose to produce heat which may not be valid. I am using deep litter method to keep the coop warm during cold season.

I didn't Philippines weather is getting that cold. I don't know your condition, but many thing can be use 1) Electricity available: heat from light bulb, oil heater, other produce heat source can be use 2) No electricity: heat rock/brick, boiling water and put big metal pot/barrel can be use or just dig a large hole few meters away (add rock/brick to retain heat) down wind and use metal pip to route heat to the coop. To avoid smoke, the pipe must be lowest point as possible and put small hole screen to block any type object pass through beside heat. The heat source scrap (hay, straw, small branch, leaves, etc...) can be use. The other no heat source can use is the big pile of wet grass, mulch. wood chips. Unfortunately, this method require few weeks of decompose to produce heat which may not be valid. I am using deep litter method to keep the coop warm during cold season.

The OP said 27C which is 80.6F. Not cold.

Back
Top Bottom