No wattle and a really super tiny comb, thought it meant pullet!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 5cutechicks, Sep 1, 2014.

1. 5cutechicks

5cutechicks Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2014
    Lowell Michigan
    We are rather new to the chicken world and we've been patiently waiting to see who's who! We have 4 silkies about 5 months old, I gave them all a bath today and our black silkie Izzy (just loves her bath) when i was all done drying her with the hair dryer and set her down to take her picture and she crowed! Not just once but 3 times, its the most awful horrible sound I've ever heard! It sounds like a sick duck! I thought no wattle, no comb was a pullet! We love this chicken so much either way, we were just hoping it was a pullet! Any chance it could be a crowing pullet?? [​IMG]

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Not at that age. Pictures of the rest of them - and we will help you figure out if he is the only rooster.

3. 5cutechicks

Aug 22, 2014
    Lowell Michigan
    The blue silkie is Murphy, out of all of our chickens this one is the grumpy one! (Because of that my husband thinks its the only female!). The white silkie is Pringles and the other is a frizzle sizzle, cricket. We were hoping to get some tasty eggs and in the spring raising some baby chicks, not looking to good! [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I think your frizzle is a rooster :(

5. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Your white silkie looks like a cockerel, the rest look like pullets. Are you sure the black on crowed? It really looks like a pullet!

6. 5cutechicks

Aug 22, 2014
    Lowell Michigan
    Yes, I'm sure. It was just the two of us together in the same room and it crowed 3 times! I keep reading all sorts of strange things silkies do. Maybe we will get lucky and have a crowing egg laying black silkie! So far everyone seems to be agreeing our white silkies is a cockerel! The black chick is kind of a mouthy bird that gets in trouble and talks back to us ALOT! The white silkie is so sweet and cuddly, a really calm quiet bird! Guess they have there own personalities just like people!

7. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

I'm almost speechless cause that black one sure does look like a girl. I hope you keep us posted on its growth and all that great stuff. I'm subscribing to this post so I know when you update. Patiently waiting to hear more :)

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

Its the one that looks most like a pullet!

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x3

10. 5cutechicks

Aug 22, 2014
    Lowell Michigan
    I will keep everyone posted, still hoping its just a crowing pullet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by