No wobbling, bad sign?

Demidog

Chirping
5 Years
May 16, 2014
Macedonia
My eggs went into lock down on Sunday on day 18. They were all wobbling days 18 and 19. Now is day 21 and i don't see them moving and I'm worried. I can, however, hear some faint chirping so i know at least one is alive. I suspect it's coming from egg number 2, which has been the most active egg, but it's not moving much now either. Is that normal? Should i be worried? None of my eggs have pipped yet.

I can now hear pecking and more tweeting! And i think it's coming from egg number 9 which i have only seen move once on day 19 and that was the only egg i didn't see moving when i candled them last on day 18 so i was concerned about it, now i just saw it wobble along with pecking and tweeting sounds! Maybe it's going to be first out! And i guess the amount eggs wobble doesn't tell you if they're ok or not?

I have found that often there is action, then rest, then a bit more action before another rest.

That little creature has to get into position, then has a little break, before internal pipping and another break before the great big external pip. They can rest for hours, sometimes longer before they start the zip phase. They are not only resting then but they also have other jobs to do like absorb the yolk sack and retract the vein network.

It all takes time for them, and patience on your part.

I have found that often there is action, then rest, then a bit more action before another rest.

That little creature has to get into position, then has a little break, before internal pipping and another break before the great big external pip. They can rest for hours, sometimes longer before they start the zip phase. They are not only resting then but they also have other jobs to do like absorb the yolk sack and retract the vein network.

It all takes time for them, and patience on your part.
Thanks for replying! So no need to be worried then, phew! They're probably all OK. They probably do move but i just miss it because I'm not staring at them continuously! Although, i am just about lol! They had all made it to lock down anyway and looked good when i was candling them throughout incubation. I only lost 3 at the beginning - one was infertile and two died early on, but these ones were all moving about right up till i candled them last. Fingers crossed! I think it's going to be soon, i hear pecking and chirping from inside the eggs
yesss.gif

Won't be long now, just let them do their thing. It can take another day, just keep your hands out until they are out and dry! They won't need food or water for a couple of days so staying in the warm incubator to dry out while the rest finish hatching won't hurt them.

I have even heard that the chirps encourage out the next chicks.

It's fascinating to watch happen, just try be patient, not unusual to take 12-24 hours from pip to zip, but once they start to zip they don't hang about. Jumping in there to help one too soon will do more damage than good.

Yes, i'v been reading everything in the learning center about hatching and when to assist. I'll be patient, i promise!

Now there is two of them both chirping and pecking and wobbling in their eggs! Exciting!!!!
wee.gif

My eggs started hatching at 5am this morning! 3 are out so far with another unzipping and almost there. The other 3 haven't pipped yet but 2 of them are wobbling and one isn't. But the first chick that pipped and got out was one of the ones that i hadn't seen wobbling, so hopefully they're all going to hatch!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yesss.gif

Last edited:
I'v now got 5 chicks hatched! 2 more to go, although they don't seem to be doing anything.......one of them had pipped hours ago but hasn't done anything else, the other hasn't pipped at all as far as i can tell......I'm getting worried again now. The first 5 all came one after the other, these last 2 have been motionless for hours......I'm trying to listen for pecking sounds from inside the shells but the other chicks are jumping about and i can't make out anything.....
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom