Noir Maran, 2 weeks barring on shoulders?

IvyBeans

Songster
May 22, 2023
Seattle suburbs
Noir Marans is a Mt healthy hybrid from a cuckoo marans hen and black copper marans rooster. It creates an auto sexing chick.

Anyway, my 2 week chick is having some barring coming in on her shoulders. Her wings are fully black with white wing tips. I can’t imagine she’s a cockeral, right?

Attachments

• IMG_6996.jpeg
    IMG_6996.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6987.jpeg
    IMG_6987.jpeg
    966.7 KB · Views: 15
I don't think that's true barring, probablyjust juvenile feathers. Barring on black chicks is unmistakable because of the headspot(which yours doesn't have). And if she was a barred male you would see at least two rows of barring on those large wing feathers by now

I agree, it doesn't look like she's barred.
Thanks, I didn’t think so until her shoulder feathers are coming in barred, she’s solid everywhere else, besides quite a lot of white on wing tips, but I’ve heard that’s typical, if not ideal. She’s twice the size of her sister, who is almost all black and has no tail feathers. Both have feathered legs.

I have to just count on auto-sexing being right! With my last batch the one slow to feather was a surprise cockerel. So I guess that shows a pullet can have no tail feathers at all at 2 weeks!

Back
Top Bottom