Non-emergency, bump on my rooster’s foot and his red skin patches

FalconMD

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
Hanford County, MD
So, my 14ish month old Australorp rooster, Scraggle has had a bump on his foot for a while now. He seems to walk at least mostly normal but I’m concerned that it’s bothering him. We thought it was bumblefoot after reading some other forums and did some minor surgery but didn’t see any infection to clean out. So we packed tripple antibiotic ointment on it and bandaged it up for about a week. Now it looks larger than before. Anyone have an idea what I’m dealing with here?
IMG_4568.jpeg

The line is the scar from the surgery

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4567.jpeg

bottom of the same foot. No foreign objects.

Now for the second part. He’s also got these red patches of skin. Another forum said it was a fungal infection like athlete’s foot and the fix we saw was to use athlete’s foot cream which we have been doing. Again, does anyone here have a diagnosis? Watches are on his belly aft of his breast bone, above his vent and the underside of his tail nub.

IMG_4564.jpeg
IMG_4569.jpeg

The roosts are 2x3 studs that have been sanded and had the corners eased. I guess my question is, is that bumble foot? There’s no kernel and I don’t see anything external aside from the bump. They had mite’s previously but I treated everyone and the coop with elector PSP. I didn’t see any eggs around the base of the feathers and none of the other chickens show signs of mites.

Back
Top Bottom