Non-Fighting Muff GameFowl Project

How Many Of You Think This Is A Good Idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goal result from this project is to make a sporty type bird with less of the fighting instinct, making them easier to control pretty much.

I'm planning to be chicken breeder, & this just makes it a good way to practice. And my budget isn't great either. I can't just spend $250 -$300 dollars on a particular breed either. I wish I could though.
The $250 to $300 for a single bird will be less that additional feed, penning space, and time (years) needed to realize stated goal. Approach you are laying out will require making a lot more birds where the overwhelming majority will not take you in the desired direction.

Isn't that going backwards?
You're gonna use birds that you can't be sure have game in them to create a game type bird but without the gameness.
Then you're gonna mix in pure games. Won't that bring in the gameness you don't want?
Why not start with a pure game then cross to something close to their type and continue breeding the ones with the type while breeding away from their gameness?
Seems you're gonna be running yourself in circles for a few generations when its not necessary.
I can only work with what I have right now. That is that. I'll be getting new birds as soon as I can.
The only pure game I have is an Old English Game Bantam rooster.
0731191426.jpg

The $250 to $300 for a single bird will be less that additional feed, penning space, and time (years) needed to realize stated goal. Approach you are laying out will require making a lot more birds where the overwhelming majority will not take you in the desired direction.
At most I spend on feed is $54-$55, which is 5 bags of feed.

The extra pens, & stuff like that I get for at least $75-$100. I also pay rent which is usually $220, but should be spending less now.
$698 is all I get as a monthly payment, so I have to spend it wisely. I don't mind spending years working with the birds, they're what keeps me happy.

It should be noted to everyone reading this thread that gamefowl are NOT aggressive towards people. That is completely false and saying they are is one of the reasons games have a bad rap. Spreading false information. Quite the contrary gentle in the hand has been a requirement since the last thing a handler wanted was a gamecock strapped with weapons to "attack" them

Last edited:
It should be noted to everyone reading this thread that gamefowl are NOT aggressive towards people. That is completely false and saying they are is one of the reasons games have a bad rap. Spreading false information. Quite the contrary gentle in the hand has been a requirement since the last thing a handler wanted was a gamecock strapped with weapons to "attack" them
If they're not aggressive towards humans, then why is there so many reports of it happening? I'm now getting confused.:confused: I hear one thing about them, then I hear this.
Not trying to spread any false info, just primarily going by what I've heard alot of is all.

I fixed stuff now that I know about the human aggressive thing is false.

Still going to lessen the fighting instinct, so tethering a bird won't be necessary. I don't like the idea of tethers.

If they're not aggressive towards humans, then why is there so many reports of it happening? I'm now getting confused.:confused: I hear one thing about them, then I hear this.
Not trying to spread any false info, just primarily going by what I've heard alot of is all.
That's exactly the problem. People hear or read and have no actual experience. I'm not being mean but I have to clear the air on this. I've been around games for years. Actual first hand experience. Please dont spread hearsay. They're beautiful dying breeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom