Non Flying Turkey does it exists?

Nope. I have no problem keeping my turkeys home. Once you have grown out the first group and spent the time and energy training them to stay where you want them, it gets easier because the mature turkeys will teach the young ones where they are and are not allowed to be.

Having a proper perimeter fence that does not have a top rail or bar helps immensely. The guaranteed method is to have a very large run that is covered.

Even my guineas have been trained to stay in their own pen. They do have lapses in the spring during breeding season but they are easily herded back to their pen.

Choose any variety other than Royal Palms who really do seem to be more flighty than all of the other varieties.

You can go the BB route which are the cheapest and easiest source and grow out a new batch every year. This won't get you eggs but will provide good insect control once they are a couple of months old if you free range them.
So which one would you say I should get that I would be able to keep around and get eggs from?

The sweetgrass is a beautiful bird!
Yes mine are.
full

They are the mellowest turkeys that I have had.

The midget white I had was a fantastic flyer and always the first out. She would soon be followed by the Royal Palms and White Holland.
It didn’t help that when the crew of 9 flew the coop onto the neighbors garbage cans they would come out and feed them. I felt bad which is why I got rid of them. I’m pretty sure them feeding wasn’t helping the problem really friendly birds. Just started looking pretty.
9E508311-81F0-4C74-A87C-3751EC8ED24E.jpeg
@R2elk you can see no top bar to the fence it is however only 4’

Back
Top Bottom