Non GMO organic feed

As a general rule Non GMO feed grains have more dangerous chemical residues in them than GMO feed mainly because all crops can only be reliability produced with the help of chemical agents and fewer of these chemical agents are needed to produce a GMO crop than are needed to produce a so called Organic crop. Besides the only GMO feed grains currently in use are corn and soy beans. The rules governing the production of Organic feed grains and other crops also allows the farmer to spray all and every kind of pesticide on their crops if doing so allows the organic farmer to either make a crop or to harvest his crop in the face of the onslaught Mother Nature. This goes as far as spraying RoundUp on Organic wheat, barley, and oat crops in the Northern Plains, not to kill weeds mind you but to kill back and dry out or mature the ripening grain if there is the danger that the Organic grain farmer will not have enough time to combine his crop before winter weather sets in. When used in this context RoundUp is viewed not as a pesticide but rather it is viewed as "hormonal therapy".

Every milk milk carton in the land has a statement that no "ARTIFICAL" hormones were used in the production of your cow juice, but no one has yet been able to devise a test that can distinguish the GMO rBGH (recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone) from the naturally occurring Bovine Growth Hormone that is naturally present in every sip of milk that you or your family drinks. It all makes me think about that 19th Century businessman P. T. Barnum who famously observed that there is a sucker born every minute.

It is totally false that organic grains can be sprayed with Round Up to desicate them & then be sold as organic. Also questionable that organic crops are sprayed with more chemicals. The important thing is to know the company you are buying from. There is also GMO canola now used in many feeds. I can never understand why people who don't use organic or non GMO are so set on dissuading others from doing so. To each his own, I say.

Back
Top Bottom